Sign in to follow this  
RAF_Louvert

ENTER THE DRAGON

Good Morning All,

(I posted this in the screenshots but decided I should also share it here in our actual paint forum.)

In my spare time as of late I've been busy working on my entry for the OFF Plane Skinning Contest, and while I still have MUCH to do on it terms of tweaks, color adjustments, blending and such, I was able to take my new Camel up for a toodle over the lines this AM. Here are a couple of screen shots just to peak you interest.

off_camel_dragon_1.jpg

off_camel_dragon_2.jpg

I am again attempting to keep this looking as vintage as possible even though it is a complete fabrication on my part. But as with the Strutter project I have taken ideas and guidance from actual WWI aircraft in order to maintain the period feel of the overall design. I can't wait for this one to be completed. Even unfinished it is so very cool to fly it. :biggrin:

Cheers!

Lou

Lou, I'm loving this skin. You may have the winner here. I am so impressed with the latest skinjobs all the skinners have posted. This one may take the cake tho.

Now...Im worried!...lol

(but have been worried from the start!) :smile:

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Rickitycrate, I am glad you like it Sir, but it is WAAAAY too early to even begin to imagine a winner of this competition. There are some outstanding designs already on the table and we still have a couple of weeks to go. Also, Widowmaker, I'm just trying to keep the contest interesting. :biggrin:

Cheers!

Lou

Also, Widowmaker, I'm just trying to keep the contest interesting. :biggrin:

Cheers!

Lou

You are certainly doing that my friend!..... But I have a feeling our Dear German Friend Olham, will not go down without a fight!....

This is such fun! :good::biggrin: and really does help the OFF community I think!? (there was never a skinning community for OFF until we found this forum, and now we have 3 pages of skins!...it's super :yes:

Good Morning All,

Before I head out on my latest business trip I thought I would upload some new screenshots of "The Dragon" to replace the earlier ones. I'd also like to share this overhead view so you can see the progress on the top planes of the bird so far:

off_camel_dragon_3.jpg

Widowmaker, you are oh so right Sir...this is a lot of fun, in fact for me just as much fun as flying this great sim!

Keep slinging those paint brushes Gents. I'll get back to my project at the end of this week when I return.

Cheers!

Lou

Amazing! Well done!

Thanks Gous. I have finished up the final tweaks and weathering, and have just uploaded it to the Aircraft Skins section. It should be available for download soon.

Enjoy!

Lou

It should be available for download soon.

Available now! Though I'm not an OFF player, I have to say this is a great looking skin.

[quote name='UK_Widowmaker' date='Apr 19 2009, 10:08 PM' post='277775'

This is such fun! :good::biggrin: and really does help the OFF community I think!? (there was never a skinning community for OFF until we found this forum, and now we have 3 pages of skins!...it's super :yes:

Agreed :good: Excellent skin. I am currently using it for my British pilot.

I have never really got involved in a community forum - that was until now - Keep the skins coming!!