Sign in to follow this  
jag

CF3 files and OFF

Hey guys. Just got my game a few days ago. Loving it by the way. I had a question for the modders in the community. I know that OFF uses CF3 files. Is it possible to mod OFF files with CF3 files? For example. Can I download a new railway tunnel that was made for CF3 and put it into OFF? If not is there anybody doing mods for OFF. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE THE GAME. More or less just curious.

Hey guys this is a bump.

I'm not sure if this is in the right forum? If it isn't could an admin move it to the right place?

thanks

Hi,

without sticking out my foot tooo far,,,yes,,i think it can be done...

reason i say this, is that pd recently put up an off3 mission, but it called for a facility that was not in the off3 facility directory.

the facility was the port sub base medium, and he had to make that facility available for download.

now, if you look in your cfs3 facility directory, you will find the port sub base. I am going to assume the cfs3 xml would NOT work in off3, and changes had to be made, ( granted a guess,,,but an educated guess).

so,,,if you want,,,get pds port sub base download http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=8740

and compare it to the one in your cfs3 facilites folder,,,and see what the differences are. Hopefully they will be relativly obviouse.

This is all guesswork here,,,i dont have a clue what is even in a facilties xml file...but worth looking at.

If you manage to convert anything cool...let me know,,,ill try them in a quickie mission.