Sign in to follow this  
Stretch32

Modifying Default WoV2 Carriers?

Several months ago there was discussion concerning adding static aircraft to the decks of default carriers. I'm not sure if this ever progressed very far but I remember seeing a few screen shots and it looked like it was very possible. I wanted to know how it was done and if it might be an "easy" task (copy and paste) or if it would be very involved. I've seen the YAP2 screen shots with the carrier decks full of aircraft and wondered if I could do it myself (I've ordered YAP2 so this is really just a project to play around with). Does anybody have any ideas?

Also, where can I find a skin template in Paintshop format so I could do some painting and detailing to these carriers? I don't think I've ever seen one. I wanted to detail the flight decks and add some weathering so they look more realistic.

Thanks Again,

Stretch

As I understand it, unless the model has the extra aircraft built into it, then it's a no-go. Because the carrier isn't static itself, you can't add static aircraft like you can at fixed air bases.

To answer your second question, TK has not released any paint templates for the ships. You'll have to work from the existing bmps.

-S

The ability to add aircraft with skins of the users choice to carrier missions would be a huge step forward in mission building. Really looking forward to the day that this is possible with this sim.

Several months ago there was discussion concerning adding static aircraft to the decks of default carriers. I'm not sure if this ever progressed very far but I remember seeing a few screen shots and it looked like it was very possible. I wanted to know how it was done and if it might be an "easy" task (copy and paste) or if it would be very involved. I've seen the YAP2 screen shots with the carrier decks full of aircraft and wondered if I could do it myself (I've ordered YAP2 so this is really just a project to play around with). Does anybody have any ideas?

Also, where can I find a skin template in Paintshop format so I could do some painting and detailing to these carriers? I don't think I've ever seen one. I wanted to detail the flight decks and add some weathering so they look more realistic.

Thanks Again,

Stretch

Stretch,

Just wondering how you like YAP2 and if its possible to use the YAP2 Carrier in single player missions etc.

thanks

Br110br@yahoo.com

From what i remember - the YAP carriers were setup with planes spread accross either the landing or catapults - this was because in scripted missions they used 1 carrier for take off and a second carrier for landing on.

The downside of this was you cant take off AND land on a single carrier without removing the planes in the way. To do this you need the original 3D model files.

I was hoping they would release a few of them with a usable configuration.

If you play with the YAP2 carriers, you will find that a few of them actually allow you to take off and land on them due to the way the aircraft are distributed around the deck.

If you play with the YAP2 carriers, you will find that a few of them actually allow you to take off and land on them due to the way the aircraft are distributed around the deck.

But how many of them are armed with Terrier missiles? Specifically, nuke-tipped ones? :yikes:

RIM-2_Terrier_on_board_USS_Boston_(CAG-1).jpg