Sign in to follow this  
Test Pilot

Formation flying question

I should be able to fly in formation with my squadron mates at the same speed right? (formation flying by rank where Im not the leader) Of course, this depends on how well I fly in the sim, but am I correct in assuming that it can be done in OFF3? I'm flying in the 94th Hat in the Ring squad. in a Spad XIII and at times have my wingmates zoom right by me suddenly even with throttle wide open and mixture set properly.

Edited by Test Pilot

Yes but AI have no effects from wind for example. They will slow down so you will catch them later.

Yes but AI have no effects from wind for example. They will slow down so you will catch them later.

Ok, thanks for the reply. It was way more immersive flying in formation and looking around for enemy a/c (really need trackir and itd be incredible). May take quite a bit longer to fly missions now, but the hour long mission literally flew right by as my attention was constantly focused on both the sky around me and the plane on my wingtip.

Yes one reason we wanted to keep that option in the sim Test Pilot - great fun concentrating on formation flying and adds to immersion for sure. But remember to look behind too ;)