Sign in to follow this  
Fates

Desert Combat 0.6 Released

Ok....well may have to lay off AAO 2.0 for a while and get back to this game....WOW!!!

I'll plug all the larger pics in the gallery in just a few minutes..

OK.....Here's the Gallery Link:

http://www.biohazcentral.com/gallery/BF1942-Desert-Combat

gazelle-sm.jpglittlebird-sm.jpg

MH-53_1-sm.jpgMH-53_2-sm.jpg

Carrier_2_sm.jpgCarrier_3_sm.jpg

DESERT COMBAT SEA RIG

Rigs_1_sm.jpgRigs_2_sm.jpg

Rigs_5_sm.jpgRigs_6_sm.jpg

But wait ....there's more....Holy Cow!!!

DC Urban Seige

Urban_5-sm.jpgUrban_4-sm.jpg

DC Operation Bragg

Bragg_1_sm.jpgBragg_2_sm.jpg

CHEERS!

Fates

Holy crap, that's beautiful! I may have to go scrounge a BF1942 disc so I can try this out!

This is the BEST mod I can recall for ANY game. Ive never seen one add so MUCH QUALITY stuff. It plays well, is darn fun single or multi-player, and can run on my old Pentium3 system without so much as a hiccup. Its funny cuase I never got into MOH, this comes along and its become one of my favorites...not sure why the difference.

I take it you can actually fly the helos?

Heck yeah Jeff...one of the best things about this game is that every vehicle is drivable or flyable. From Jeeps, Hummers, Tanks, to Helos and planes, to ships, PT boats, Subs, and landing craft.

Remember it's arcadey though...but still hella fun. :lol:

That's it, I'm going to go pick up BF1942, today! :D

It's gonna be Hella Kool with Vietnam release! Can't wait to be in the Huey operating the M60 and peppering the landside. Gonna make for some great adventures. Might have to make a movie or two..

Im interested to see if DC can be converted to work with BF:VN, if it will have to be entirely re-scripted. I'm guessing that all the graphics and vehicles may be easily imported thought....only time will tell.

Outside Desert Combat, there have been several other mods for BF1942 that have had some luck as well. One of my favorites has been Galactic Conquest, and I see someone is now working on a new mod called "Gnomes of Destruction"...hehe

You can find the best listing here:

http://www.bf1942files.com/file.stuff?body=modlist

Desert Combat is by far the best MOD made for any game hands down. I'm guessing that the makers of COD hope to acheive similar results with their product, but I don't think that is gonna happen with the release of OFP2 and HL2. Those 2 games have had incredible luck in the mod world as well, and I'm sure it will continue into the future.

Hello gents,

I am one of the new site moderators for the tac sim side. I just couldnt resist a couple of plugs here.

Desert combat is a great mod. Ballistic studios http://www.ballistic-studios.com/ makes some awesome addons for operation flashpoint. You will also find that the helicopters are a lot easier to fly and the game is alot less arcadish.

BF:VN does look absolutely awesome. BTW I play as Gator in BF1942 and DC if you see me on

Gator

Anyone playing this one? I got addicted with version 0.6 and still playin in 0.7.

Need soldiers to do M1 tank formations against the enemy. B)

DEsert Combat V 0.7 is released and on fileplanet. go get it.

Master the Longbow Apache and you will OWN!

Anybody care to try me?? ;)

Edited by Preventer

It is with great sadness that I report the death of my companion. :(

May he rest in peace on the virtual Heaven.

post-52-1076878302_thumb.jpg