Sign in to follow this  
Winder

P3 Current Status and the future of OFF

Guys we are completing the last mini patch for P3 (1.30c) and it will cover:

1) Reduced AA effectiveness across the board.

2) Reduced rear gunner effectiveness across the board.

3) Reworked realism ratings to allow 100% rating with some gunnery, wind or fuel mixture tweaks not reducing it below 100%

4) Slightly reduced AI gunnery range.

And so to the future:

OFF sales have not been spectacular so we are unsure of a P4 but we are looking at some addon scenarios: additional craft and squad packs etc.

No timescales or concepts have been solidified as of yet.

I hope those that have supported us are enjoying the creation of WW1 air combat as we have seen fit to render it!

Best

WM

Well, thanks for the update WM.

It's a shame that sales have not yet reached the qty you guys were hoping for, but with little competition on the horizon, I am sure more converts will find their way to purchasing at some stage. (one has to bear in mind what a Niche market WW1 is I suppose)

I am still of the impression, that BHaH has the CFS3 hang-up still attached to it, despite all our efforts to persuade the stick in the Mud's.... Which is a shame..and something I try to argue out of people at every opportunity!!

I would certainly purchase a mission pack etc, as would most guys on here I suspect, and whatever the future holds, you guys contribution to keeping the memory of those extraordinarily brave men alive, is testament to the quality, dedication and talent of the guys involved in it's creation!

I salute you all

Simon

Sounds like a sensible strategy to me. This gives you guys an opportunity to cool down a bit and work on models, squads and scenarios at a more leisurely pace.

Most of us are just scratching the surface of P3 so I don't think there's any rush to push out a major new phase. Your all's work on patches and updates to address, bugs, concerns and complaints has been outstanding to say the least.

I expect the sales will continue for a long time and hope that word spreads and they increase. You guys deserve some prosperity and happiness surely. As our captain used to say 'Hot $h!t, Good on ya'! Keep up the good work. Cheers :good:

Thank you for the info, Winder.

As for the sales numbers, I have often thought about what could be done, but most actions cost money.

It may also be a too long way for many, that they must also purchase CFS3.

So I thought, if you could make it a "joint venture" with the Microsoft people (and CFS3 already in the same

package) - they surely have impressive distribution ways. And even, if they let you have a third or fourth of

the whole sales price only, it might be a lot more money, seeing larger sales numbers.

This Sim would really deserve to be noticed more - I'm sure, everyone, who experienced it, would be excited!

PS.... I would defo buy a Sopwith Snipe!!! :smile:

ID STLL LIEK TO SEE ITALY/ AUSTRIAN-HUNGARY ADDED TO THE SIM SOMEHOW EVEN WIHTOUT THE DYNAMIC CAMPAING

you all supported this game in about 3 month more than others in 10 years.

best support i've ever seen yet.

there are other games where some communities grow, but they have to hang out alone.

not here. someone finds a bug or has improvements, it's fixed. sometimes the very same day.

very impressive.

personally i don't think one can jugde good or bad sales numbers in 3 month. especially when there was not much advertising yet.

it's a thing wich is going to grow slowly and become more interesting, the more time passes. it's going to become cult status as rb3d became.

think of paolo coelho and his book The Alchemist. first sales went quite bad. but more and more people talked and heared about it and its salesnumbers increased a year later to record figures.

Thanks OFF team.............all of you. The show's a beauty and the support has been outstanding!

And so to the future:

we are unsure of a P4 but we are looking at some addon scenarios: additional craft and squad packs etc.

No timescales or concepts have been solidified as of yet.

I hope those that have supported us are enjoying the creation of WW1 air combat as we have seen fit to render it!

Best

WM

Super, P3 is great. I'm looking forward to new addons! S.E.5a against Zeppelins and Gothas over London (56.sq operated in Home defence a month) would be first-rate! :ok:

you all supported this game in about 3 month more than others in 10 years.

best support i've ever seen yet.

there are other games where some communities grow, but they have to hang out alone.

not here. someone finds a bug or has improvements, it's fixed. sometimes the very same day.

very impressive.

personally i don't think one can jugde good or bad sales numbers in 3 month. especially when there was not much advertising yet.

it's a thing wich is going to grow slowly and become more interesting, the more time passes. it's going to become cult status as rb3d became.

think of paolo coelho and his book The Alchemist. first sales went quite bad. but more and more people talked and heared about it and its salesnumbers increased a year later to record figures.

I agree with Creaghorn's viewpoint entirely!...very well said Sir!

Thanks for the info. Too bad the sales haven't been as good they should have been - OFF is really the most enjoyable flight sim I've ever played! But how to make every potential player believe it or even inform them that OFF exists, is another question. I only found out about OFF by accident while surfing the net.

But it's good news you're thinking about making some expansion packs. I'll gladly pay for new aircraft and squadrons if you ever release them. Especially the early war needs some more work and fodder for the Fokkers!

Keep up the good work and thanks for making it this far! :good:

Thanks guys for the best flight sim ever.You all deserve medals for what youv'e done.

On the subject of sales, Maybe if it's a money thing that will stop phase 4 then could we as a community not subscribe to OBD a small monthly amount which could then be used for developement projects etc.I know i would if it ment more years of enjoyment.The amount of cash i have thrown down the toilet on "crap" in the past is no longer a issue because i will not be buying another sim so i'am actually saving money anyway.

Just a idea.

Thanks again.

Hi Winder,

May I ask what sort of publicity you went for? I know that (for example) Full Canvas Jacket went to various magazines for review - did you follow that path? I'm well aware that there are magazines dedicated to flight sims - I've read a few and they reassure me that I'm actually quite a normal bloke compared to the more, er, dedicated members of the fraternity. Did they get copies? In the UK, I read the Guardian (broadsheet national newspaper) and they have supplements that feature games - worth a shot? (for the US papers, not the Graun, I hasten to add).

I'm aware that we're a minority interest, and equally aware of some gamers' aversion to paying for add-ons/games like BH&H, so depending on how many units you've shifted you really should take heart. Remember, if IL2 could turn what was prior to it a minority/obscure part of the WWII flight sim into such a success, then BH&H could certainly get there with more targeting (and I don't mean cones).

Thanks for all your work thus far.

Cheers,

Si

Many thanks to Winder and the entire OFF development team. I echo others very postive remarks here about this sim and the support you folks provide. It is THE BEST!

And I sing your praises to the uninformed whenever I get the chance. :good:

Cheers!

Lou

Don't be too dispondent Winder, I think OFF will turn out to be a 'slow burner' and sales will go on and possibly increase if RoF's offline turns out to be a dud.

As for new planes and suchlike, I'll buy any such packs you chaps choose to make and offer up for a price. I consider I've already had more than my money's worth out of P3. Such an engaging and immersive experience.

And thanks to you and the rest of the team for such superlative support. That alone has really been quite extraordinary and has helped made this sim the incredible experience it is. :good:

Winder and Dev Team

Addon aircraft and squadrons packs are a great idea. I will buy everything you guys offer. This a outstanding way to keep the cash stream flowing. We can always look forward to moving up to a new gaming engine some time in the future so we can finally move out from under M$-CFS3 bad reputation. :clapping: I can hardly wait for Zeppelins, Gothas and HP-400s. Bring on the Heavys...I want to get a crack at them!!!

OlPaint01

Edited by OlPaint01

Without hesitation I'd pay a development subcription or buy any add-ons you care to release.

I hope still that sales will take a sudden leap if positive feedback reaches a critical mass but even left as is after the 1.30c patch you'll have demonstrated a level of production quality and especially support that other devlelopers can only aspire to.

Thanks for truly the best flight sim I've ever played. Awesome. Period.

Edited by Dej

Winder, thanks for the status report. We are with you. You have made the right choices all along and I stand with you. I only wish I could do more. Like the others I would purchase any add-ons you OFFer. I am optimistic about sales picking up. Even as other product hits the market I can see an increase of interest in our sim based on it's merits. One product cannot be all things to all people. If only Oprah would mention OFF on her show... or some dictator give Barrack Obama a copy. Anyway, many thanks to you and team OBD, God bless and best wishes.

Winder, thanks for the status report. We are with you. You have made the right choices all along and I stand with you. I only wish I could do more. Like the others I would purchase any add-ons you OFFer. I am optimistic about sales picking up. Even as other product hits the market I can see an increase of interest in our sim based on it's merits. One product cannot be all things to all people. If only Oprah would mention OFF on her show... or some dictator give Barrack Obama a copy. Anyway, many thanks to you and team OBD, God bless and best wishes.

Haha! Well if I ever become dictator in the next 4 (or 8) years and meet Obama at an international summit, Ill give him my copy of OFF3! :biggrin:

I have no idea if this is possible, but maybe having direct links for copies CFS3 for people to find on the main OFF page would help to lessen (the perceived) "burden" of needing CFS3 for OFF. Such as links to amazon.com page for CFS or an ebay auction tracker or something along those lines....

Trust Mickeysoft to be the weakest link!

Sales are a problem for a old sim like BOBII and BAH (Yes, BAH will be considered old as it must use CSF3). Here is what we did:

1. Get you price right. It is too high now. A fair price for our given the market is about $20.

2. Get BAH into a fast download environment so the Friday night impuse buyer will try it.

3. You can get 20-30 downloads per week during the winter and fewer in the summer when players go outside for fun activities.

4. Keep your outstanding support and forum involvement

5. Maybe a major upgrade down the road if sales support it but again price it as an upgrade.

6. Stay the course

I would like to say something to you OBD guys.

The most part of people here are veteran combat sim players , I suppose.

We have experienced a lot of flight sims in the last what?fifteen years.

Your masterpiece are been compared to us against nothing less than Il2,RB3d,EAW ,Aces of Pacific,red baron and some other sims and guess what?

You are on the top of the list with your sholders against only the best.

This is no easy to reach.For me you are a complete surprise.In a month , I have your team in my mind in the same height of Oleg maddox, for example.

In many ways even better.I was resisting to buy your game because I hated so much in the past CFS3.It´s a mistery for me how you guys achieved to do a Picasso from a grafitti in the wall.

THAT is talent, nothing else. :ok:

I would like to say:we need you in the market.Now and in the future.

We just can imagine what you could do with a more modern engine.You have the raw material to be the best in market for years and we all support you in whatever you decide to do.

PS:put more videos in the net in other flight sim sites.Your videos convince me to buy OFF the first time I saw it.

You could also do like the YAP team and sell packs of new planes with some missions. You have a very good product, just need to advertise it more.