Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

New Home Page Looks Professional and High Quality

Hey Devs,

Your new Home Page looks fantastic. Far more professional than before. If we can get more people to see the new Home Page, I bet a lot more folks will take Between Heaven and Hell seriously, because now you are finally presenting yourself in a much more sophisticated and professional manner. Whoever invested the effort in re-making it, it was time and effort well invested. Frankly, I always thought before that it wasn't well laid out or presented at all. I always thought it was a shame that a 5 star flight sim was hiding behind a 1 star web site. I think the web page is now starting to more accurately reflect the tone, quality and dedication that that is so readily apparent in the game. Don't kid yourself. Presentation definately matters in sales.

Now I'm headed up into the new 1.30c skies. Maybe I'll try and have myself a two seater for a late supper tonight. As always, thanks for the updates. OBD is second to none in quality and support.

/salute

Hellshade

I thought I liked the old design but the new one reeks of WWWI atmosphere. The new pics and graphics of squad insignia and manufactures logos make it more authentic feeling. Very nice and quality work. Pol's work I believe. Good show.

Hey Devs,

Your new Home Page looks fantastic. Far more professional than before. If we can get more people to see the new Home Page, I bet a lot more folks will take Between Heaven and Hell seriously, because now you are finally presenting yourself in a much more sophisticated and professional manner. Whoever invested the effort in re-making it, it was time and effort well invested. Frankly, I always thought before that it wasn't well laid out or presented at all. I always thought it was a shame that a 5 star flight sim was hiding behind a 1 star web site. I think the web page is now starting to more accurately reflect the tone, quality and dedication that that is so readily apparent in the game. Don't kid yourself. Presentation definately matters in sales.

Now I'm headed up into the new 1.30c skies. Maybe I'll try and have myself a two seater for a late supper tonight. As always, thanks for the updates. OBD is second to none in quality and support.

/salute

Hellshade

Thanks.. sorry it took us so long to get it going. ;) It's actually my graphics and design, and Pol's text, editing and information wrapped into one neat package we both made. :)

Polovski and I have been very busy as of late: him with OFF and me with RL and other demanding graphical projects. :(

We got it going as soon as we could. Hopefully not too late... LOL!

All the best,

OvS

Thanks yep we know, but we are a very small team all these things take time away from making OFF. Now it's done, we can work...

OvS put the great graphics and web together, finally freee I did the final setup/tweaks.

Yes. A much needed improvement - it now looks more like the game deserves. Like Hellshade, I never said so before, but always thought the site didn't do you or the sim justice. If you'd like a suggestion -or even if you wouldn't- next time you're refurbishing it, reduce the font size a little. IMO, it's still a little too big and has a little "Grade School Reader" look to it. That said, this is five star improvement that will boost your image and thus, sales. Guaranteed.

We have to think many of our fliers are in their ahem later years in life.. so eye sight not great so small fonts we wanted, but had to slightly enlarge them.

IE shows them bigger than Firefox..

We have to think many of our fliers are in their ahem later years in life.. so eye sight not great so small fonts we wanted, but had to slightly enlarge them.

IE shows them bigger than Firefox..

... and some of us like to drink too.... LOL!! ;)

It would make more sense to make the desk image a 2560 x 1600, that way you won't get tiling on even the biggest monitor (just me being anal I guess). Low quality will still look perfectly good and won't be a particularly large file-size.

Thanks.. sorry it took us so long to get it going. ;) It's actually my graphics and design, and Pol's text, editing and information wrapped into one neat package we both made. :)

Polovski and I have been very busy as of late: him with OFF and me with RL and other demanding graphical projects. :(

We got it going as soon as we could. Hopefully not too late... LOL!

All the best,

OvS

It really does look great...good job!

Yes, this new site looks much better and more professional than the old. It has a nice WW1 atmosphere, too. Should help with marketing OFF...

As usual you guys have done a bangup job with the new Home Page!!

Tony

Do you guys ever care for your families? Great job done, despite all the drinking (Lol!!)

very beautiful.

you should add to the main page of the new site a big warning. this sim is very addictive, very realistic, makes you leave your dinner cold on the table untouched, makes losing friends, makes you getting problems with you job, makes you looking for specks outside...

no, that's no joke. some banner or something with warnings like that makes things more interesting and more curious.

Spot on, tickidy boo!...back home for tea and medals!

(Just had a run in with that Pfaltz on the homepage too!...Nasty little German Airman!) :biggrin:

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Terrific make-over on the website! Now's the time to go the extra mile [easy for me to say] and tart up the DVD cover. Put some of those fine screen shots to use. Show the unbelievers that there's high drama and hours of white-knuckle flying inside.

...you should add to the main page of the new site a big warning. this sim is very addictive, very realistic, makes you leave your dinner cold on the table untouched, makes losing friends, makes you getting problems with you job, makes you looking for specks outside...

You should have mentioned that over 63% of current WWI pilots have been shot down at least once by their wives. Never saw it coming.

Hauksbee?!...Love your blog BTW!!

Hauksbee?!...Love your blog BTW!!

Wow!...Thank you very much. I never had a desire to have one, but a friend [who is an inveterate blogger] insisted and set one up for me. I found it so much easier to post to, as opposed to a website, that I just started putting new developments there. Glad you like.