Sign in to follow this  
jonast1

Void, blank skin files

Fellow skinners,

This sounds like we're buffalo hunters or trappers or the like.

Are there or does anyone have any blank skins files? Files that have a white background or just white canvas. Or will I have to make my own?

I am looking mostly for German planes.

Thanks

Sorry m8..I just use the skins we have in the folder

I saw this being done in a you tube video from the thread posted by fubar

well, well, well...nice of him to tell us like! :biggrin::wink:

You got a link please Rickity?

If it's the same fubar (and I believe it is) who did the fantastic work for IL2?

post-7901-1240665833_thumb.jpg

This is a screen using one of his skins. slightly modified by myself. They look particularly spectacular when the high res setting in workshops is used.

If it's the same fubar (and I believe it is) who did the fantastic work for IL2?

post-7901-1240665833_thumb.jpg

This is a screen using one of his skins. slightly modified by myself. They look particularly spectacular when the high res setting in workshops is used.

Yes, look superb!..don't forget you lose damage modelling in high res though!..just a case of which you prefer I guess?

Yes, look superb!..don't forget you lose damage modelling in high res though!..just a case of which you prefer I guess?

Roger that. I did switch it back to normal after taking those screens and it looks about the same. Now is there some sort of templates for OFF aircraft (like the blank IL2 ones)

lurking about somewhere, or are you skinners just working of the original artwork and changing it from there?

Roger that. I did switch it back to normal after taking those screens and it looks about the same. Now is there some sort of templates for OFF aircraft (like the blank IL2 ones)

lurking about somewhere, or are you skinners just working of the original artwork and changing it from there?

Hi m8 , I'm not aware of any blank skins a la Il2 , I just use the ones that come with the game ( not that I've made many skins ) but it shouldn't be too hard to make blanks.

I think Fubar has made some, they are on youtube as such..but you don't really need them

Hi m8 , I'm not aware of any blank skins a la Il2 , I just use the ones that come with the game ( not that I've made many skins ) but it shouldn't be too hard to make blanks.

I haven't messed with IL2 for awhile, but if memory serves me ( and it usally dosen't ) most of the planes in IL2 came with a "blank" or "void" skin which was just the basic lines for a plane with a white background. I never used them myself because those with much more talent then me had made templates for use with psp (layers and such) so it was much easier to make a skin since most of the work was already done. I've found grey scale versions of the OFF skins in the aircraft folder, and have been trying to make a template from one of them (not with much sucsess though). When I saw the title from this thread I was just wondering if the skinners here were making psp templates for OFF too.