I posted this over at the TW forums, but I thought I'd ask here, too.

I've added a Red Smoke Rocket to the weapons and it shows up fine...I can fire the rockets, but get no smoke effect when they hit.

I've added the "effects" folder in the correct place (the new mod folder). The effect also requires me to modify the Missileobject.ini file...so I used the new extractor to find the new version. I added the new effect lines at the bottom and placed this INI file in the objects folder of the mod directory. Hell, I placed this modified INI in almost EVERY directory since I wasn't sure where it went.

I've added other new effects and they do show up, but not the Red Smoke. The effects are exactly the same as WOV. I just copied everything over and added the new weapon with the weapon editor.

Any ideas?

I got the effects from someone's weapons pack (I can't remember which one).

You forget to add the effect line to the rocket's weapondata.ini.

You forget to add the effect line to the rocket's weapondata.ini.

Actually, it's in there. And it points to the line in the Missileobject.ini. I forgot to mention that this is in SF2:V.

I've got a feeling that the missilobject.ini file is not in the right place (although I've put it in damn near every folder in the Thirdwire directory).

And I got this pod from Dueces old Weapons Pack from July 06.

MissileObject.ini.......You'll have to Tie the Effect to the Weapon...This is an Example from Bunyap's Weapons Pack for WhillePete Red, But You'll get the Idea......:

[WpRedRocketEffects]

GroundHitEffectName=RedWilliePeteGroundExplosion <<<<<

GroundHitSoundName=SmallExplosion.wav

WaterHitEffectName=MediumRocketWaterHitEffect

WaterHitSoundName=

ObjectHitEffectName=RedWilliePeteGroundExplosion <<<<<<<

ObjectHitSoundName=SmallExplosion.wav

ArmorHitEffectName=RedWilliePeteGroundExplosion <<<<<<

ArmorHitSoundName=SmallExplosion.wav

CraterModelName=

CraterType=1

In SF2, The MissileObject.INI should be located in the "Objects" Folder of Your Install. One Thing I do for My SF2/V Installs, But is not required, Is that I change the .INI's Encoding from ANSI to Unicode using Windows NotePad. Mods seems to Load faster when I do this.....

Edited by 331Killerbee

MissileObject.ini.......You'll have to Tie the Effect to the Weapon...This is an Example from Bunyap's Weapons Pack for WhillePete Red, But You'll get the Idea......:

[WpRedRocketEffects]

GroundHitEffectName=RedWilliePeteGroundExplosion <<<<<

GroundHitSoundName=SmallExplosion.wav

WaterHitEffectName=MediumRocketWaterHitEffect

WaterHitSoundName=

ObjectHitEffectName=RedWilliePeteGroundExplosion <<<<<<<

ObjectHitSoundName=SmallExplosion.wav

ArmorHitEffectName=RedWilliePeteGroundExplosion <<<<<<

ArmorHitSoundName=SmallExplosion.wav

CraterModelName=

CraterType=1

In SF2, The MissileObject.INI should be located in the "Objects" Folder of Your Install. One Thing I do for My SF2/V Installs, But is not required, Is that I change the .INI's Encoding from ANSI to Unicode using Windows NotePad. Mods seems to Load faster when I do this.....

That's exactly what I have. Hmmmm.....I've got the Redwilliepetegroundexplosion.ini in my effects folder. The Rocket has WPredrocketeffects listed as the effect, and the relevant TGAs are in the effects folder. I really didn't change anything...just copied everything over from my WOV install to the SF2:V mod directory. I tried giving the red rockets an effect that I KNOW works, and it still didn't show up. That's why I'm thinking my missileobject.ini is screwed up. And yep, I did a complete clean re-install, too.

Very curious.

Thanks for the help, guys.

The Rocket has WPredrocketeffects listed as the effect........

If it's listed as this in the WeaponsEditor, You might want to try how it's listed in the MissileObject.INI. Such as "RedWilliePeteExplosion" as opposed to "WPredrocketeffect". Or make a new Effect in the MissileObject.INI that calls out "WPredrocketeffects"........

Just tried it. No joy. I don't know what it could be. I just tested it out in WOE and it works fine. I guess the FAC's gonna have to just point at my target... :D