Found a bug of some sort.

Both RF-4C flights USAF and spanish (also out of the same airbase) crash the game in the 1986 campaign after loading to about 80%

Gotta be something with that airbase, the F-117 unit also crashes.

Edited by eraser_tr

hi all,first of all thanx for the great nato fighters add ons ,top class..The nf4 game campaign 1986 also crashes when i use the wild weasel phantom,it gets to 80% then crashes to desktop..any ideas ?

Thank you C5 for another great mod! :good:

After following your instruction on installation, Nato Fighters now sit a whooping 6Gb in my HDD (space is limited for my HDD so that's pretty huge for me :biggrin: ).

I loaded TMF MiG-29 for a couple of spin in the single missions. Just want to report that afterburning effects and sounds are missing for the Fulcrum.

Edited by WLJet

Regarding the crash at 80%, I can't reproduce that, but I suspect you may be running into a video memory problem, or, more precisely, running out of video memory. Try going through and resizing some skins from 1536 down to 1024. Both RF-4Cs, the F-4Gs, the A-7s, and a few other planes have 1536 skins as the default.

WLJet, I will check the Fulcrum effects and sounds, thanks!

Can't be a video memory problem with the plane, they all load fine elsewhere. I can't speak for viper, but its not as if I'm running a really old card, I've got a 768mb geforce. It's gotta be something with the terrain, all squadrons out of Zweibrucken air base crash.

On second thought, there is definitely a graphics issue, the crash report mentions the graphicsengine.dll. I would think it had something to do with the seasoned germany, but it works in single missions. It also crashed with an F-15 flight not at zweibrucken....testing earlier campaigns

Edited by eraser_tr

DirectX and drivers up to date?

unless they released another version I'm not aware of, they should be.

Strange, its definitely terrain related, it appears all campaigns on the germanyce map are crashing on me. But the map works just perfectly in single missions. Ok time to try the non seasoned WOE to see if the problem is in there.

The are a lot more objects in the campaign missions, so memory requirements are very heavy. I'd still try reducing the size of those textures and see if it has any effect, if not you can always put the larger ones back.

interesting test. I placed brains germany tiles over the seasoned WOE...it didn't overwrite the main ini so seasons showed up, campaigns worked with hires TOD files from seasoned woe, but the old germanyce_data file. Methinks the problem is in there somewhere.

Why do I have two Tornado IDSs, one waaaaayyyy crappier then the other? No offense to the authors, but there is a conflict.

Why do I have two Tornado IDSs, one waaaaayyyy crappier then the other? No offense to the authors, but there is a conflict.

There are three Tornados in the pack:

Tornado GR.1A by Armourdave

Tornado IDS by Armourdave

Tornado F.3 by bobrock

Bobrock's is many years newere than the others. I will be replacing AD's IDS with an updated one from AmokFloo when I port the expansion to SF2E.

How can there be no offense when the choice of words is so poor ?

"One crappier than the other" imply that BOTH objects compared are crappy, but one is significantly more crappy than the other...

That's the most insulting way to say what you intented, managing to insult everyone...

Can't be a video memory problem with the plane, they all load fine elsewhere. I can't speak for viper, but its not as if I'm running a really old card, I've got a 768mb geforce. It's gotta be something with the terrain, all squadrons out of Zweibrucken air base crash.

On second thought, there is definitely a graphics issue, the crash report mentions the graphicsengine.dll. I would think it had something to do with the seasoned germany, but it works in single missions. It also crashed with an F-15 flight not at zweibrucken....testing earlier campaigns

which settings are you using when it crash?? I cant go higher than high or it will crash at my system too. I got 8600GTS 500 Mb ram 2 Gb ram memory and a clock speed of 3.2 Ghz. But my guess is that much more objects are loaded in the Campaign than in single missions. I dont think that is a bug withing the terrain as 60% is the terrain and about 80% loading Objects are loaded. NF4 just eats a lot of memory

A little question: As usual, I'm making the Soviets flyable for my use, and not a single red unit is using the MiG-21 PFM, but plenty of PF users in 1962 and 1968. It's correct, or maybe a (very) little bug?

Other question: There is somewhere a medals pack? the old Strike Fighters medals pack doesn't work very well here

A little question: As usual, I'm making the Soviets flyable for my use, and not a single red unit is using the MiG-21 PFM, but plenty of PF users in 1962 and 1968. It's correct, or maybe a (very) little bug?

Other question: There is somewhere a medals pack? the old Strike Fighters medals pack doesn't work very well here

Unfortunately I don't know the answer to either of those questions...hopfully someone else can help.

I will be replacing AD's IDS with an updated one from AmokFloo when I port the expansion to SF2E.

Glad to hear we'll have Nato Fighters for SF2E.

Well started the 1962 campaign in the F-102. I got 2 in my first mission. A Soviet Ace and his wingman. My flight of 4 broke up his flight of 2. I went after the wingie, and after some patience and 5 missiles, I got him. I had one left. The ace got my wingman and started in on another, he made a cardinal sin, actually 2, he was outnumbered 3 to 1, and target fixation. While he was going after my 3 man, I got up close to him and put a AIM-4F right into his tail. It was glorious.

More AARs please! :biggrin:

1986 campaign, F-16A Blk 15. Air Defense suppression. Went very well. Rolled in on the targets, took out some SAM's then the Mig-21's and Mig23/27's showed up. So with the Eagles in combat full bore my wingman and I go in after the Mig-27's. I get 2 Mig-27's and pounce a Mig-21 and gun him out of the sky. Then my RWR starts going nuts. I start looking all over. Where the f*** is he? I jerk the stick hard left, but it was too late. A flight of East German Mig-29's jumped me and my wingman. Got us both. I bailed out but the Russians captured me. For me the campaign was over.

:skull: East Germany didnt have 29's until March 1988 ... guess you came up against a special test unit hehe :ninja:

:skull: East Germany didnt have 29's until March 1988 ... guess you came up against a special test unit hehe :ninja:

They are Soviet planes, flying under East German colors... :secret:

How do you get the Ace pilot name to turn up in the F6 view?

The names not displaying is a game bug.