Got some questions....

1). Does the Pave-Tac carried by the RF-4C serve any use other than laser designation? (as the RF-4C does'nt carry Paveway)

2). Is there a weapon list anywhere with missile operating ranges etc (i looked in the general knowledge thread but didnt see one)

3). Anyone have any tips on how to get past those very nasty SU-27's in the Adv.Weasel !!?

1). Does the Pave-Tac carried by the RF-4C serve any use other than laser designation? (as the RF-4C does'nt carry Paveway)

No in-game purpose.

2). Is there a weapon list anywhere with missile operating ranges etc (i looked in the general knowledge thread but didnt see one)

No, but I could make one. Are you interested in the NATO air-to-air missiles?

3). Anyone have any tips on how to get past those very nasty SU-27's in the Adv.Weasel !!?

The Flankers carry a lot of weapons but the AA-10s in particular are susceptible to jamming and chaff, so use them liberally. If you are lucky you can pick a few off with your Sparrows.

That would be much appreciated on the NATO missiles (no time for hangin' around anymore with the '86 campaign!) particularly the HARM and Maverick series'.

Have had limited success with the head on Sparrow shots,.....lock-on down to 10-miles so one shot and then its panic time!!

Cheers C5 for your help.

Drat missed this release... will be downloading like a demon tonight so I can pit my lowly wits against SA-11's and SU-27's....

This spreadsheet gives the min and max launch ranges of the various missiles. In some cases the seeker can track at a longer range, but you can't launch until within the max launch range.

missiles.zip

Thats just the ticket C5 thanks.

Is that really 105 max range for the HARM?...i had no idea..

Thats just the ticket C5 thanks.

Is that really 105 max range for the HARM?...i had no idea..

Yep, all ranges in kilometers so that is about ~60 nautical miles.

I've never bothered to test, but does TK's engine take launch altitude and speed into account for missiles? I know not all flight sims do, and you can get the same range and PK from a launch at Mach 1 @ 36k as at Mach .5 @ 5k.

Thanks C5 for the Fulcrum sound fix. I found, by the way, another silent plane: the E3 Sentry!

By the way, great idea this Aces things in 1962. Still in my Danish Hunter campaign in 1962, I met again that Bahayev guy above Hamburg... just to be downed the same way!

So much WW1- knights of the sky-ish. :smile:

Ok can anyone tell me the new MF plane that is in it?

So what's the answer? Doesn't appear that anyone has gotten it 100% correct.

Okay Downloaded and now annoyed the Neighbours as it sounds like WW3 has been declared next door Volume up to Max... serves em right for keeping me awake in the day when I work nights... :biggrin:

Started an F-3 Campaign and 2 sorties in 5 kills listed are

2 Mig-31

1 Mig-27

1 Mig-23

1 Mig-29 (That one took some killing made the mistake of getting into a gunfight and it turned into a knifefight in a phone box took nearly 5 mins got him while vertical scissoring)

Scenery looks fantastic and love the fog effect as to night time damn thats good...

My Thanks to all involved.... :clapping:

By the way, great idea this Aces things in 1962. Still in my Danish Hunter campaign in 1962, I met again that Bahayev guy above Hamburg... just to be downed the same way!

So much WW1- knights of the sky-ish. :smile:

FYI, some info on your nemesis:

Kills: 11 (5)

Recived the: Hero of the Soviet Union, 13. November 1951, #9288

Unit: 523 IAP (Fighter Regiment), 303 IAD (Fighter Division) of the Voyenno Vozdushnye Sily, the Soviet Air Force.

Stepan Bahaev was born on February, 2nd, 1922 in the of village Dzvunreuki, today in the Grjazinskogoarea area, Lipetsk region.

His family were Russian peasants.

He finished 7 classes of the FZU school in 1940.

He then worked as a blast-furnace operator on Novolipetskom metal works, He studied flying in an Aeroclub.

Joined the Soviet Army in 1941 and graduated from Krasnodar military school of pilots in 1943.

After the war he continued service in the Air Forces, and took active participation in rendering international help to peoples of Chinese People's Republic and KNDR.

He flew 166 Combat sorties, with 11 kills to his name and one joint kill.

For courage and devotion to duty to the assistant commander of the 523rd IAP squadron he became a Hero of Soviet Union on November, 13th, 1951.

After returning to the Soviet Union he remained in service.

In 1959 he was promoted to major.

Died on the 05.07.95 in Bogoduhov, near Kharkov.

He was awarded the Order of Lenin, the Red Banner (four), OGPW 1st and 2nd Class, the Red Star (twice). A memorial plaque is mounted on his house of birth in Lipetsk.

From this site:

http://www.soviet-awards.com/forum/soviet-...over-korea.html

Well, two danish hunters can be added. :biggrin:

And thanks for the informations, I did not found much on him on the net. Nooooow, I will begin my eeeevil plot for his demise! MUHAHAHAHAHA!

So what's the answer? Doesn't appear that anyone has gotten it 100% correct.

It was posted in the duplicate thread to this in the Column 5 forum, but I believe it was the F-16A Blk 15.

I've managed to mess up my install of NF. Could someone please list the loadout ini's for all Mig 21's and Su 15's used? :blush:

Thanks

Reinstall it, its the best way to correct it.

MiG-29's don't have engine sound and burner effects?

Is it just me?

A bug. There's a patch posted in the Column 5 forum for it.

A bug. There's a patch posted in the Column 5 forum for it.

Actually the patch is in page 2 of this post.

Oh, I can't keep them straight anymore!!