Sign in to follow this  
Macklroy

Oh the irony.

Finally had my first claims approved for my current DiD pilot. Realy unsure how the claims work. Seems very random although that 'may' be the point, trying to simulate typical situations in wwi at the time. But i just had 3 claims rejected in which i shot down 4 enemy planes no more than a mile from my home airfield. One enemy crashed so close to the hangars i was affraid it might hurt the ground crew bellow. I decided to land and not continue the orginal 'ground attack' mission i was assigned since i was running low on ammo after the scramble. I landed my craft at the field and simply used the pillars of smoke as my navigational point to direct the claims reporter.

I was given credit for NONE of the enemy i shot down that day. However, i WAS given credit for 4 fighters i had downed a few missions prior behind enemy lines. I guess the enemy is more apt to confirm my kills than my own people. :rolleyes:

Ah well. I have 2 pilots currently going now. One of them reports claims like telling a story with lots of description. While the other simply reports facts. alt, time, #of enemy, color, loc, etc. Going to see who gets a higher claim acceptance rate. Story teller is currently 4 confirmed out of 17 with 5 pending. while the facts reporter is 3 confirmed out of 10 with 5 pending.

Anyway, thought i'd come in here and cry in my coffee a little while the boys are rearming and refuling the plane for another go at the enemy.

S!

PS - anyone else have their wingman go 'on leave' almost every other mission? That guy is one lazy sucker. hehe

Edited by Macklroy

Hi, Macklroy!

For the claims, the facts seem to be most important. Type of craft, markings or Squadron/Esc./Jasta, when and were shot down; ace name known?

You don't get all claims confirmed, when during the fighting your wingmen got carried away or die.

If you had 3 kills, but after the first, no one's there anymore to witness, you will get only 1 confirmed.

Ground crew doesn't count, it seems.

And be careful with your wingman. A guy, who is on leave so often, may be a relative of the general?

PS: please report, which claims worked better.

Edited by Olham

Oh dear the adjutant lost your claim form, and for some reason didn't lose corporal smith's claim he shot 3 down from his MG post..

Hey now. I'm the first one in the furball to break off my juicy flailing target to go help a wingman. Not my fault he goes looking for trouble instead of STAYING ON MY WING!!! :wink: Just this morning on a routine defense patrol, i possitioned my m8's 3000 feet or more above the enemy flight before engaging. In less than 1 minute all of them were flailing on the deck and here i come to the rescue again. I feel like the english pilot in the movie "Battle of Britain" who is trying to lead the polish pilots.

-Steer course two three zero.

*repeat please.

-Steer course TWO three zero.

*repeat please.

-STEER, TWO...THREE...ZERO!

*repeat please.

-Oh BLODDY HELL! Just follow me!

:biggrin: