Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

I was serious.

In light of the Devs decision to continue supporting OFF P3 (or beyond) I would like a name and address where I can send a donation to help support you guys. I don't want to buy another BHaH disk. I would prefer to send something that would be 100% going to support your efforts on improving the game through bug fixes, new features or content updates, instead of being divided up between you and the publisher. Your work is second to none and I appreciate it deeply. I'd like the ability to send donations to really show my support to you folks as personal finances permit. I'm not asking for any particular feature to be implemented, nor do I expect any specific time-line on updates. You just keeping doing things the way you have been doing them and I'll consider it money well spent.

Thanks for the endless hours of enjoyment (both excitement and frustration!) in the skies over Europe from 1916 - 1918. BHaH is the closest thing there is to really being there and I know that wasn't quick or easy to create.

/salute

Hellshade

In light of the Devs decision to continue supporting OFF P3 (or beyond) I would like a name and address where I can send a donation to help support you guys. I don't want to buy another BHaH disk. I would prefer to send something that would be 100% going to support your efforts on improving the game through bug fixes, new features or content updates, instead of being divided up between you and the publisher. Your work is second to none and I appreciate it deeply. I'd like the ability to send donations to really show my support to you folks as personal finances permit. I'm not asking for any particular feature to be implemented, nor do I expect any specific time-line on updates. You just keeping doing things the way you have been doing them and I'll consider it money well spent.

Thanks for the endless hours of enjoyment (both excitement and frustration!) in the skies over Europe from 1916 - 1918. BHaH is the closest thing there is to really being there and I know that wasn't quick or easy to create.

/salute

Hellshade

I second Hellshade for I was thinking the same thing myself. Maybe you have or could set up something like a paypal account. Think of it as a petty cash drawer. Heck I wouldn’t mind if you used it now and then to buy yourself a pint at your local pub. Just don’t tell the wife or she may shut it down!

But again like Hellshade, I am serious about helping out.

Just let us know.

Jammer

I second Hellshade for I was thinking the same thing myself. Maybe you have or could set up something like a paypal account. Think of it as a petty cash drawer. Heck I wouldn’t mind if you used it now and then to buy yourself a pint at your local pub. Just don’t tell the wife or she may shut it down!

But again like Hellshade, I am serious about helping out.

Just let us know.

Jammer

Guys we really appreciate your kindness, that's extremely thoughtful of you. I'll mention it to Winder and see what he wants to do.

OvS

...or we could just buy a few more copies. Give them as gifts.

Absolutely they can use the money to head to a pub and buy themselves a pint or two, Jammer. Re-creating The War to End All Wars isn't easy and must be thirsty work. Whatever they want to spend the money is fine by me. My intention is for it to be sent "no strings attached". I've seen their work and I trust to their judgement.

/salute

Hellshade

Hey, Hauksbee! I have just visited your website briefly (will have a closer look later).

The dinosaur looks great!

When you make T-Shirts - that could be something to do for OFF!

I will try to make some designs - perhaps you can get them printed?

PS: those Panzers, are they made for games?

Edited by Olham

Hey, Hauksbee! I have just visited your website briefly (will have a closer look later).

The dinosaur looks great!

When you make T-Shirts - that could be something to do for OFF!

I will try to make some designs - perhaps you can get them printed?

PS: those Panzers, are they made for games?

Dinosaurs? The sculpted ones or the drawings? In any event, thank you for the kind words.

As for T-Shirts...it's not something that I've do a lot of, but, in my semi-retired state, I'm open to most any proposition. I doubt, however, that I could get shirts printed any cheaper here than you could at home. And we have to mail to pilots all over the world. But a good OFF T-Shirt should be done. Let me suggest the following: we do T-Shirt designs, post them here, and our guys can sign up for the shirt of their choice. When there's a minimum order [say, one or two dozen] they could be printed. We'd need to figure how to cut the OFF Team a good royalty.

Or: the OFF Team could open an account with CafePress. They will take designs for T-Shirts, coffee cups, hats, etc., [at no cost] and print the items as they are ordered, and send you your share. This could be the way to go. OFF pilots could generate shirts, etc., as often as they design skins. If they don't sell, nothing lost. If they do, the cash goes directly to the Dev's. It would be our way of standing the lads to a pint of bitter in the Mess.

Panzers? No, they weren't done for games. They were doine for the hell-of-it in my 3D modeling apps. I've used a few these last couple of years, and each time I try a new one, I have to build a tank. Building is easy, animating the tracks, while not inherently difficult, is tedious. If there's 30 track plates, that means that each plate has to move to 30 differents positions X 30 plates= 900 operations. Takes time. But it's rewarding when I render the final animation.

Edited by Hauksbee

Hellshade- I'm in as well..glad to donate to OFF/Devs..use it anyway you folks like; development/derfray past costs/

pints/shots/sips, whatever. ;>)

Regards,

Royce

Edited by cptroyce

What I meant, was rather have T-Shirts for us OFF pilots to wear outdoors, and maybe make people

curious. I didn't mean to sell them to others.

We could do several designs (everyone who feels fit to do one, should), and then everyone can down-

load/copy a design of their likes, and go to the next big copyshop.

There, you can get a kind of decal paper copied onto, which you can iron onto a white T-shirt then.

It doesn't last too long though, after several washings, it wears off. Of course, printed would be better.

Very kind guys offers to send donations - but hold on to your cash at the moment. We hope to have more for you to put that towards later. Your support and enthusiasm in publicising and spreading the word helps a lot though so thanks for that.

What I meant, was rather have T-Shirts for us OFF pilots to wear outdoors, and maybe make people

curious. I didn't mean to sell them to others.

We could do several designs (everyone who feels fit to do one, should), and then everyone can down-

load/copy a design of their likes, and go to the next big copyshop.

There, you can get a kind of decal paper copied onto, which you can iron onto a white T-shirt then.

It doesn't last too long though, after several washings, it wears off. Of course, printed would be better.

A workable solution, for sure. But, as you say, the iron-on decals don't last more than two or three washings before they start to break up. In the meantime, I think I'll get a few up on CafePress. I spent a some time perusing photos on the URL below. Great stuff. I'll see about adapting a few for shirt designs. I noted Pol's reply. They won't be OFF shirts to start with, but that can be changed.

http://www.earlyaviator.com/archive1.htm

Very kind guys offers to send donations - but hold on to your cash at the moment. We hope to have more for you to put that towards later. Your support and enthusiasm in publicising and spreading the word helps a lot though so thanks for that.

Consider yourself to have some guaranteed sales then. Whatever you guys decide is fine by me. I'm just thrilled beyond words that 1.30c won't be the last update for P3. Doesn't hurt my feelings a bit to pay for add on packs or major CFS3 overhaul upgrades or whatever. Ok. Back to flying. I just got a new 28" monitor for $349 at CompUSA and so now OFF P3 looks almost life sized!!! I bet my other games look great too. Maybe I'll find out someday. Maybe...

/salute

Hellshade

Guys we really appreciate your kindness, that's extremely thoughtful of you. I'll mention it to Winder and see what he wants to do.

I suggest putting a donations addresses on the main web page, unless you all want to be bombarded with a constant stream of PMs asking for the same thing :biggrin:

I suggest putting a donations addresses on the main web page, unless you all want to be bombarded with a constant stream of PMs asking for the same thing :biggrin:

That sounds like a great idea to me.

/salute

Hellshade