Sign in to follow this  
Dutch_P47M

XP-pro or XP media edition

In my experience, you are better off with Pro for a multitude of reason's! (just not sure that OFF is one of them)

I run with XP pro, and it's fine

In my experience, you are better off with Pro for a multitude of reason's! (just not sure that OFF is one of them)

I run with XP pro, and it's fine

Did some readings that XPpro disadvantige is that it could be having problems in game graphics and XP media is big and clumpsy , but I'm always do the tweakings and remove every not necessary parts. Keeping it lean and mean.

I'm always do the tweakings and remove every not necessary parts. Keeping it lean and mean.

That's probably more important than which one you use

XPmedia will probably add more bloat. If you don’t need it then go with XPpro.

Hello,

get the post 2004 Media Edition ! Apart from some additional programs that are not coming with the XP Pro and Home edition, the Media center one indeed IS the pro edition - can be changed to pro with 2 minor adjustments, but you still have the benefits of the media center like automatic recording of TV, codecs etc.

Greetings,

Catfish

What will give me the best performance for OFF3;

XPpro or XPmedia edition both sp2 and 32bit.

If you wanna' gear your system towards HTPC use as well as gaming, go with Media Edition. As far as BHH performance goes, there should be no discernible difference between the two OS versions.

Cheers,

Parky