Sign in to follow this  
Madmatt

Quick Question, why does my debrief say I wrecked my plane?

I have noticed that very often, even though I make a very smooth touchdown with no damage at all that I can tell, and come rolling to a nice peaceful stop, often times, in the mission debrief I will get a message that says something to the effect of "Sorry that you wrecked your plane".

So whats up with that? Now, during a few of those same missions I had sustained light damage but it was never as if my crate was bullet-ridden and on fire.

I am making very gentle lands too! I am not bunnyhopping across the field or anything. My speed is as low as I can maintain without stalling, my Vertical velocity is nearly zero, these are about as text book landings that I can perform, yet I keep getting that message (although not always).

Now, I have landed a time or two in the opposite direction as I think I am supposed to (meaning I land facing the same direction that I took off from). Could that trigger the "you wrecked your plane" message? I am pretty sure I got that same message a few times when I did land in the proper direction though...

Also, I have never died or been injured when this has happened. To be honest, if I hadn't read that statement in the debrief I would have never known anything was at fault at all.

Just curious if others had seen this, or what might be causing it.

Thanks for any ideas you guys may have.

Madmatt

I get it too, when my plane has been shot-up. The govt has plenty more so I don't worry about it.

Especially with the Albatros, I often seem to put her to a lot of "airframe stress", which may be

"counted and summarized" by the program. So, even if I made it to the field in one piece, my

lady may have to be "restructured", and the mechanics may curse me.

Usually when some key components are damaged beyond repair.

Maybe your engine was cooking to the point of exploding but you were unaware.