Sign in to follow this  
ChrisBV

AmokFloo's Mirage200D is awesome, but...

I just D/Loaded AmokFloo's superb two-seater Mirage 2000. It's great, except that it handles "funny" in WOI. Any idea why? :dntknw:

Define 'funny'.

Aircraft laughs while flying.

No, seriously... I'm having trouble controlling pitch, as if the nose drops down on its own or I'm on a dive and then have to pull back on the stick all the way to get it back up again. Turn performance feels weird, too.

inverse commands....

Triplethread's Brazilian Mirage 2000B has the fix for it

Thanks, Silverbolt :good: Worked like a charm :ok:

m200d.jpg

:haha::clapping:

I have another question.

I'm attempting a re-skin of this aircraft but I'm having trouble figuring out how the skin sets work. It seems that the bitmap resolution changes when rendered in-game, check this out:

mirageskin.jpg

See? Below is the actual bitmap and above, how it looks once applied onto the 3D model. Looks awful! Is it because the way the model is mapped?

What is that?

The aircraft rolled when you pulled up or down on the stick. So i canceled out the original airlerons and created two new invisible ones. My fix is released as an independant data.ini in the object download section or as part of the brazilian mirage mod

indeed

a good mapping is one preventing such distorsions as far as possible

I don't know how to map, but as a skinner having created several templates from zero, I know how it affects the end result

It seems mapping ain"t easy at all.....

LOL!!!!

I'm very sorry, it's all my fault :biggrin: I had texture quality set to "high", changed it to "unlimited" and everything went back to normal:

miragetest1.jpg

miragetest2.jpg

Never mind the rubbishy placeholder textures, I'm just "porting" a skin I made for LOMAC to test for results. Ok, back to work, it is. Sorry! :clapping::rofl:

Edited by ChrisBV

The aircraft rolled when you pulled up or down on the stick. So i canceled out the original airlerons and created two new invisible ones. My fix is released as an independant data.ini in the object download section or as part of the brazilian mirage mod

Thanks triplethr3at, I'll search it.

indeed

a good mapping is one preventing such distorsions as far as possible

I don't know how to map, but as a skinner having created several templates from zero, I know how it affects the end result

It seems mapping ain"t easy at all.....

I've found that mapping isn't hard per se, but it's very tedious to do right. As MAX continues to evolve, the mapping tools have gotten better and easier to use. But, especially for complex shapes, you'll still end up at some point moving individual polygons.

Good mapping can make or break a model when it comes to textures. My particular philosophy is making the skinner's life easier at the expense of efficiency.

I felt bad for pappychksix, because he made these very nice skins for the T-38A and F-5B, but the mapping was so bad (it was my first aircraft model and I had learned a lot since then) that I chucked the whole mapping and rebuilt it to something a lot easier to skin.

FC

I'm working for a M2k-5 FM,based on FM from M2KD.Lose so much speed in turn.Veryhard to control.And been shoot down in a dogfight by MiG-23M.

Edited by Erwin_Hans

There are still problems when the landing gear is down, as soon as the gear is lowered, the nose drops violently to the ground and have to compensate with significant back pressure on the stick. Is there a way to correct this?