Sign in to follow this  
cosmos33

Scramble mission but no ennemy aircraft ?

I get scramble mission but there are no ennemy aircraft. I climb to 4-5 thousand feet, and still nothing on the radar, is this normal ?

I had that once, they were 2-seaters at high altitude.

Cosmos - my advice: sign in a second pilot; in 1918; in the area Cambrai or Reims.

If you still don't see any enemies, you will know, something is wrong.

Were are you stationed now? There are areas, that aren't covered by enemies, in

early 1916. You could then only try it elsewere.

Nah I signed in sept 1916 and there is some cool action. But flying the Arco isn't a dream agains't Alb. DII lol

Odds are, if you see nothing on a scramble mission, the attackers were 2-seaters who though better of it, or who were so high you never noticed them.

Yes, Cosmo, we have Arco's for breakfast, second breakfast, lunch etc.

I think, the first better plane for the Brits were the Scout, or then the Sopwith Pup.

But they have some dangerous two-seaters. Why not sign there?

If I sign in with a 2 seater, can I later switch squadron and fly single seater ?

If I sign in with a 2 seater, can I later switch squadron and fly single seater ?

Yes you can, however this is not a feature within the game itself, it takes a little file editing. Things may or may not go haywire with this (although nothing ever has the many times I've done this) so make sure you make a back up copy of the original pilot dossier.

Go to C:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\campaigns\CampaignData\Pilots. Now find the dossier of the pilot you wish to transfer. Should be named Pilot__Dossier. The 3rd line from the top is your current squadron. Delete that line and type in the squadron that you wish to be "transferred" to. Type it exactly as it appears in the drop down menu where you would select a squad for a new pilot. If need be, copy and paste. Save and close. Now go into the OFF campaign. You may have to enter or exit the campaign mode once or twice to have the changes take affect. And there you go, "transferred" to your new squad.

-Rooster

Actually you can without changing anything. Start with RNAS 3 in Oct 1916 I think. You'll start out flying the Sop 1 1/2 then if you live long enough, transition to the Sop Pup, then the Sop Triplane and finally the Sop Camel. I find RNAS 3 interesting because you get to fly a two seater, do ground attack missions but also do some fighter missions with it as well. And a good rear gunner comes in handy. Polished off a few EA that way when my ammo ran out.

Hey, that's a good idea, with RNAS 3. Were are they stationed?