Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

Is there a limit to how many medals you can get?

I have a QC pilot who is most definately not flying DiD, and so far he's racked up 4 or 5 DFC and a Victoria Cross. It doesn't look like there is room for any more medals to be awarded. Can he still get them or is 5 or 6 the max number you can get? Just curious.

/salute

Hellshade

The Forum is going to get tired of me telling this story, but in the 48 hrs. after installing the 1.28 Patch, I racked up 4 DFC's and a VC. In QC. And I think someone else reported the same, but I don't recall which thread. The similarity of the incidents make me wonder if there is not a glitch that periodically spews awards.

I should think, it's alright. We Germans receive 4 or 5 Iron Crosses, before we get the Blue Max.

So, your Victoria Cross should soon be with you.

I have the Victoria Cross. My question is, after you get it, is it still possible to earn more medals of any kind?

/salute

Hellshade

The award of multiple medals was quite common for officers on the British side in both world wars though, apart from the VC.

The award of a second and subsequant medals were indicated by a metal bar across the ribbon and the phrase 'and bar' for example after their name. Mannock afaik was VC, DSO and 2 Bars, MC and Bar.