Sign in to follow this  
Hauksbee

Are there any reports from WWI about a bad shooting day?

Just spent a happy, if frustrating, session in a D.VII chasing 6 SPADS in QC. They were some of the most creative AI pilots I've seen yet. They were diving, twisting and jinking about, and I was staying on them, never more than 300 meters off their 6...but I couldn't hit anything. I could hardly squeeze a puff of smoke out of one. I felt like Voss during his last fifteen minutes. Ah well...

But are there any stories of actual pilots having bad shooting days?

Edited by Hauksbee

Many.

Good. I don't feel quite so bad.

There have been some days when I could do no wrong, hit/miss ratio as high as 70%. Some days I can't hit a bull in the ass with a bass fiddle! Too much French wine the night before! :stars:

CJ

Edited by Cameljockey

There have been some days when I could do no wrong, hit/miss ratio as high as 70%. Some days I can't hit a bull in the ass with a bass fiddle! Too much French wine the night before! :stars:

CJ

Man o man, 70%! I thought I was hot stuff when I got as high as 47%. Nice shootin’!