MadJeff

Post Your Custom Skins Here!

Thanks,

So in my opinion the VFA-103 is feasible....

Edited by Jack

Very feasible. Not technically accurate, but there is no F/A-18F in DCS (yet), so only the most anal retentive rivet-counters would complain (and they have the option not to download).

VFA-81 did fly the C though, so that would be entirely accurate.

One more thing: the CVW-17 I was thinking of was when they were LANTFLT (I was on cruise with them in 2000). They're PACFLT now, and VFA-81 is the only fighter squadron still with them from back then.

I'll wait until the F/A-18E (hopefully F too) and probably start posting here. but nice work!

Thanks! The Line Jet is also done.......

Jack,

I've done a helmet with the VFA-103 logo if you want it for future versions. DDS version downloadable below.

HGU55_VFA103_zpse97b2848.jpg

I also realized that the same pilot is used for the F/A-18C and A-10 (although the hornet driver is shaded a lot more), so I have started updating my pilot template to include VF/VFA/VMFA squadrons. All we need are the mat names for the F/A-18 pilot and helmet and we're set.

HGU55_VFA103.zip

Edited by HomeFries

Looking great, Jack.

I was also thinking (apropos of nothing else) that it would be nice for the F/A-18 to have a dynamic Modex (side number) like you can do with other aircraft. Perhaps this will be implemented closer to when the F/A-18C becomes flyable.

Come to think of it, implementing a decal system similar to SF2 would be great for DCS, so the skinner could choose where the dynamic decals go. Combining that mapping with the style of decal from the F-15C would be awesome.

Edited by HomeFries