Sign in to follow this  
Crossbones

Test of time

Well, I have had BH&H for months now......and it still Rocks! Everything else is collecting dust on the shelf.

This game is history in the making...er history in the remaking?

Thanks again to the OFF team.

Crossbones

Well, I have had BH&H for months now......and it still Rocks! Everything else is collecting dust on the shelf.

This game is history in the making...er history in the remaking?

Thanks again to the OFF team.

Crossbones

I would agree with you Crossbones except for one big thing. It's gotten better since release. And between flying, forum, skinning and taking picks and updating with the many patches and spreading the good word I haven't played much else either. It rocks harder than ever!

I have to agree as well. I play BHaH 95% of the time. Lord of the Rings Online 5%. The rest of my games are just gathering dust. I'd like to try Diablo III when it comes out, but I doubt it will hold my attention like OFF BHaH does. This WWI air combat flight sim is the most intense thing ever. It keeps me challenged and lets me have a blast no matter how I feel like playing it. And now that I have a huge new 28" monitor to play it on and am able to bump up the settings to 4-4-4-4-5-4 at 1680 x 1050 at 8xQ and fly at a smooth 31 FPS regardless of how much action or scenery is being rendered, it's blowing my mind all over again!! And yes, it has gotten better since it was released. 1.30c is an amazing patch. Best game I ever bought. Period.

/salute

Hellshade

I don't usually have awful amounts of free time thanks my work in the hospital and whatnot, but I've noticed ever since I bought and installed OFF it has consumed very large chunks of that time! I've been playing every other game I own much less for several months now. That alone tells me something about the quality of this sim! :good:

I've unsubscribed to 2 online games since i hadn't even fired them up since i recieved my OFF copy. :biggrin:

Used to be IL2 and Silent Hunter 3-4 occupied my free time. However since purchasing O F F I have yet to fire up any other game. This game is sweet.

I am so caught up by the immersion and the challenge, "Between Heaven and Hell" offers,

that anything else is just games. I have no time for that now (and that maybe for years).

Also, I am about to upgrade my rig to best standard for this sim. That is expensive.

And I know, it will be fully worth it. Every single penny.

As I'll play this for years, it will reward me.

I bought a new game 3 weeks ago.

It's still in it's wrapper!!...Might get around to playing it sometime.... If I remember to!... OFF is addictive to say the least!

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

I bought Il2 1946 not long ago and I may have flown it twice. World War 2 planes are OK, but I've always loved the old wood and canvas planes. No fancy gunsights, weapons, or WEP, just raw dog, seat of your pants dogfighting! Mano y mano! I don't care for jets at all.

CJ

post-45778-1241101106_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I'm wired too. I bought OFF a while ago because I always loved the genre (an old RB devotee) and I had just bought a new system I thought would handle it. Three months in, and I haven't even loaded any of my other games into the new rig...

and the forum is crimping my work schedule too.