Sign in to follow this  
Olham

German fighters when and where?

This graphic display shows the introduction times of the German fighter aircraft.

Also can you see some Jastas, were it was available earliest.

(If anyone can correct something here, you're welcome, and I'll change mistakes, or add data).

This graphic does NOT show the full time, a plane type was used;

but only the time, until a new aircraft was introduced.

I hope, this may help some with their decision, to try the German side for a change.

Enjoy!

Olham, I have an aircraft availability chart that was made before BH&H came out but should still be relevant. IIRC it also has the French and British. I'll find it and post it here if needed.

CJ

Yes, please do so, CJ; perhaps it's even better; or I can work it into one.

Vielen Dank Olham! Just yesterday I spent some time trying to figure out which Jasta receives what and when, so this is very helpful in planning new careers!

And Cameljockey, if you have similar data about the Entente squadrons, I'm sure many people (including me) would find it equally useful.

:good:

Shoot me a PM and I'll email it to you. Typhoon made it and sent it to me. If anyone has an OFF Phase 2 disk from either myself or Typhoon it should be in the "Extras" folder. You need Microsoft Excel to open it as I haven't figured out how to convert it to a more standard format. I checked and it does indeed have all the major participants included. If I can get Typhoon's permission I'll upload it into the Downloads section, or he can.

CJ

Edited by Cameljockey

CJ:

As much as I would like to take credit for it, it was not my handiwork. It was on the old OBD website during Phase ll I believe. IIRC that was something Mr Shredward authored

Tony

Shoot me a PM and I'll email it to you. Typhoon made it and sent it to me. If anyone has an OFF Phase 2 disk from either myself or Typhoon it should be in the "Extras" folder. You need Microsoft Excel to open it as I haven't figured out how to convert it to a more standard format. I checked and it does indeed have all the major participants included. If I can get Typhoon's permission I'll upload it into the Downloads section, or he can.

CJ

Hello CJ

Is this the same one that was posted on Pol's or OBD's site during Phase Two? That was and still is a great reference. UncleAl could we convince someone to bring the Typhoon's spreadsheet up-to-date, maybe merge it the info that you have? We should post it onto the CA download section for us all to enjoy. Starting a campaign only to have it come to an abrupt halt when the game engine reports that a missing a/c is unavailable to continue is a huge disappointment. At least with this chart, we know which squads/jastas to avoid for a long running campaign.

OlPaint01

I have Excel, I'll see about doing an update on it. Haven't used Excel much but it shouldn't be that hard.

CJ

For those who don't have Excel, Firefox will open the file for you.

CJ

Good stuff Olham,

I find myself scroling through the Enlistment dats to see which plane to pick...this will speed up the process.

Thanks

Good work Olham.

Just a little side note for ingame squadrons. I'm not sure if the chart CJ or Typhoon has has this info, but I'll post anyway.

You can fly in an Eindekker in FA 62 in June 1915. I've started a campaign there. Not much to shoot at but I believe its the earliest date.

-Rooster

Good work Olham.

Just a little side note for ingame squadrons. I'm not sure if the chart CJ or Typhoon has has this info, but I'll post anyway.

You can fly in an Eindekker in FA 62 in June 1915. I've started a campaign there. Not much to shoot at but I believe its the earliest date.

-Rooster

I dunno, I haven't even finished the 2nd day of my newest pilot with FA.62 and I've already flown four sorties and found enemy machines every single time. I've already been shot down once, and submitted two claims. at this rate I'd be surprised if this guy lives to see July 1915!

Hmm. Guess I either got a "lucky" streak, or I'm blind. :biggrin:

-Rooster