Sign in to follow this  
Olham

My best pilot since long

Today's afternoon patrol along the front line was done very much like Siggi's DiD standards,

except that I used target cone some moments. But mostly I had TAC, cone and labels off.

That was thrilling, the sun was burning brightly, and I constantly scanned the sky and ground.

I used a tactic from Interlocutor - I pressed "attack" every now and then. Cause, as he said,

your wingmen would normally also see enemy craft, and react to that.

We were almost home, when I did that again, and they dropped away to our rear right.

I must confess, it took me a while to make out, what was going on, and which enemies were

there, and where. They were of course SPAD XIII again, from Esc.151, with a red and yellow

band on their wings. Although we got assistence by D VIIs, Leutnant Gottschling didn't make it.

My other two men returned home with me, after me shooting down two of the SPADs.

Here's my pilot's log - I haven't got that far since a long time; due to collisions, Flak and other

problems. I hope, he will last some longer - I'd like to see some confirmations.

You may notice, that a lot of my claims were rejected due to lack of witnesses.

Next time, I'll saw a second hole into the fuselage and take my solicitor with me.

S! Olham very nice Ace ya got there. :ok:

One question for ya. Where do you find the photos of the pilots so you can edit them like you've done? I can't seem to find the files.

S!

S! Olham very nice Ace ya got there. :ok:

One question for ya. Where do you find the photos of the pilots so you can edit them like you've done? I can't seem to find the files.

S!

C:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\campaigns\CampaignData\PilotPhotos

24 claims? Wow! Are some of those ground targets or are they all aircraft? I usually skip ground attack missions altogether, especially as the Germans.

In any case, great work! :good:

Yes, as Siggi says, MackLroy. When you pick one for your changes, look first, which number the standard

photo in your log has. Then put an X before the number of that original in "pilot photos".

Give your pilot pic that number now, and throw it in there.

No, they are all aircraft. All SPAD XIII. The French must hate me by now. I wonder, when they will bring up

Guynemer or Fonck, to stop me.

Edit: No, Guynemer was dead then already.

Edited by Olham

HA! Got it! thanks guys. Here is my first attempt. I realized as i was trying to do this that i have very few pictures of 'me' on my computer. :rolleyes:

Edited by Macklroy

Nice picture, Macklroy! My guess is that you are a newly enlisted pilot. You don't yet have that far off stare and cold, hardened expression of a man who has ridden with death as his wingmate. That will come sooner than you think, rookie!

Yes, good look and angle of your potrait with the other pic, Macklroy.

Can you retouche that dark bit in the neck? Then it's perfect.

What program do you work with?

Ya i had a hard time getting the neck right. I changed it about 30 times hehe. I was just using the 'paint' program. Dont have any cool photoshop programs or the like to really do anything great.