Sign in to follow this  
Laton

Ansaldo S.V.A.5 - Released

Available here at CA once the file is approved. Link

SVA5.jpg

Have fun.

Edited by Laton

File approved. Looks good Laton. :yes:

Amazinng,thank you.Any chance your working on anything else? or is it time for a well deserved break.

I'm running out of superlatives to describe your work, Laton, so I'll just say, yet again; UTTERLY BRILLIANT! :clapping:

Having just taken her for a quick spin, I was very impressed with the cockpit...Loved the Italian worded instrumentation, the gun sight and the nicely detailed Vickers. The upper wing, viewed from the cockpit is excellently detailed too. Very well done, mate.

Just as a pointer, and not a criticism in any way; I noticed the "X" rigging of the far left interplane struts are not secured at the bottom...Could be quite dangerous in a steep dive! :yes:

Also, regarding the FM, d'you think it might be a tad too manoeuvrable ATM? I realise of course that FM's are not your speciality, but I thought you might like an opinion?

Can't wait to hear what your next one's gonna be! (The game seems light on German two seaters, so how about a Hannover CL.III, or an Albatros C.III? :wink: )

Thanks again, and all the best.

Bucky

In the voice of Darth Vader..."MOST impressive..." :starwars:

I'm running out of superlatives to describe your work, Laton, so I'll just say, yet again; UTTERLY BRILLIANT! :clapping:

Having just taken her for a quick spin, I was very impressed with the cockpit...Loved the Italian worded instrumentation, the gun sight and the nicely detailed Vickers. The upper wing, viewed from the cockpit is excellently detailed too. Very well done, mate.

Just as a pointer, and not a criticism in any way; I noticed the "X" rigging of the far left interplane struts are not secured at the bottom...Could be quite dangerous in a steep dive! :yes:

Also, regarding the FM, d'you think it might be a tad too manoeuvrable ATM? I realise of course that FM's are not your speciality, but I thought you might like an opinion?

Can't wait to hear what your next one's gonna be! (The game seems light on German two seaters, so how about a Hannover CL.III, or an Albatros C.III? :wink: )

Thanks again, and all the best.

Bucky

Hi Bucky, Thanks mate.

Well spotted on the wires. I had them attached to the wrong component in Max. I'm uploading an updated release pack with the fixed mesh now. Or you can grab it from the attached file.

I based the FM on the SPAD13 so it probably is a bit too nimble. I've included a tweaked FM in the update pack and attached zip file as well.

SVA5_1_1.zip

Edited by Laton

:clapping::clapping::clapping: BRAVO!!!!!! :good::good::good:

CONGRATULATIONS LATON!! FINE WORK LIKE ALWAYS

WAITING ANXIOUSLY FOR YOUR NEXT 2 SEATER RELEASE, HALB CLII WOULD BE WELLCOME...

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR MODEL!!!!

Hi Laton...

As always...excellent work mate, just in from College so about to take her for a spin!!!! I personally would love to see a German Hannover in game but failing that, a Rumpler or two seater Halberstadt would be lovely too..we need more German two seaters for sure..

Keep up the great work and thanks for all your efforts to add to this great game..;0)

Rab Watson...

Sockboy

Fife

Scotland

Here's one I am working on. Just need to fix the "70" on fuselage.

It belongs to the Italian 70a Squadriglia circa 1918.

Any info or comments please feel free.

Thanks Laton for the model and original skin. :ok:

Hey Laton, in some photos I've seen, I think the teardrop shaped upper wing strut mounts on the fuselage appear to be higher. About where the metal cowling meets the wood fuselage. I noticed this when trying to add the "70" marking to skin I was working on. The photos show the "70" bigger and higher. But with the mounts so low I cant get it 100%.

I could be very wrong or the color profile I saw could be wrong. If so I'm sorry :dntknw:

But see what you think. If it's even possible to change at this time anyway. I can make do either way. Not that big a deal. Still an awsome model no matter what. :good:

Thanks for the compliments :rolleyes:

Hi Quack, just looking at my reference (The Windsock Datafile) the supports look to be a bit above 1/2 way up the fuselage - the image I used for the Hanger screen gives their position pretty well.

To make changes to that location would also man shifting and re-aligning the inner struts and support wires so I'm a bit reluctant to start making those sort of changes.

Can't wait to see your skin :smile:

Scratch everything I said before :blush:

I found some real photos. You were right. The color profile I found was wrong. :umnik2:

Sorry about that Laton. :oops:

I just posted a new skin for the SVA5.

It'll be ready as soon as it's approved.

Hey Laton, would you be able to tell me the coordinates of the VertTail for decal placement? I cant seem to place a decal on the tailfin. Cant get the coords right. It's longer than most thats for sure.

//// Forget it Laton, I got it ///////

Edited by quack74

Here is some of 87a Squadriglia.

Kind of hard to get a good red banner against the wood fuselage. But I think it'll do. Just working on a number decal for the Tail. I'll post them when done. There are three different kinds.

87a plain tailed

87a star tailed

87a white tailed w red elevators.

Not 100% on the correct colors of course, but close.

Edited by quack74