Every time I try the F15, frames go down the crapper. It only happens with this machine and only after a while. I just want to know, if anybody else had this stuttering with the F15.

Hmm curious.. are you just having this in the F-15 and the others are ok (or at least acceptable)?

This is what I've found.

When using "Heat Blur" and "Full Shadow" on an Nvidia based cards you cannot increase the resolution above 1024X768. Otherwise, the frame rate will drop to 1FPS when the heat blur comes on. It usually comes on right around just below 500KPH.

Hope this helps.

Guest MrMudd

I have a xp3200 and 1gig of ram with an ati 9800 Pro 128 Video Card.

I will not use heat Blur on this system. its one ofthose things that are Driving up the demand for better performing hardware, which is the nature of software.

Lately i have been flying 800x600 and full details and it is facinateing. Although i prefer 1024x768 forthe visuals, i do get some great playability with the 800x600, civillian traffic etc, brings a whole new set of challenges in engageing military targets on civillian roads.

No, heat blur is disabled. And it's only the F15. Seems to be pretty similiar to some guys claiming, that their A10 missions are crashing.

Im finding that I am using 1024x768 as well lately. I love FSAA and this is the reason I switched from Nvidia to ATI. I cant stand to be without my FSAA, the Jaggies kill me so while I am able to run other games at higher res with FSAA I am forced to run Lomac at a lower res in order to keep my FSAA on.

Things will get better as Lomac matures, you just have to be patient. No sim, I repeat no sim has ever just ran flawlesly out of the box and no sim ever will. These programs have to mature like fine wine because they are just complicated pieces of software.

I have a xp3200 and 1gig of ram with an ati 9800 Pro 128 Video Card.

I will not use heat Blur on this system.  its one ofthose things that are Driving up the demand for better performing hardware, which is the nature of software.

That is weird MrMudd, because I use a system a little better spec than yours and I would not even consider turning heatblur off, because it seems to have absolutely NO impact on FPS.

(I noticed the same thing in the demo to)

That is weird MrMudd, because I use a system a little better spec than yours and I would not even consider turning heatblur off, because it seems to have absolutely NO impact on FPS.

LOMAC seems to have different bugs on different machines. I'm using an Athlon XP 3000+, 1024 RAM, Radeon 9600 Pro with Catalyst 3.9. My settings for LOMAC are 1024x768 32bit. Most everything is turned to high, but heat blur seems to be a FPS killer on my system. And as I said, the F15 turns out to be a slide show.

Oh yes, and after the F15 slide show, I better restart my computer, because changing to the A10, the TV monitor stays blacked out. That bug only shows itself after trying to fly the F15.

And a third bug I encountered and have no explanation to is, that the system freezes in the menus after a mission. Whilst flying everything is OK, but chenging to the debriefing screen results more often than not in a complete freeze.

Edited by abaris

same problem with the A-10A for me :(

heat blur is off and only full shadow is on

Edited by Nesher

Fascinating. Advanced haze takes a nice bite out of FPS on my machine. Heat blur has no affect at all. Athlon 2200 XP+, Radeon 9800, 1024 DDR, Asus A7V333.

BTW, if you click Ctrl + Backspace twice, more info comes up. I'm surprised by the numbers being racked up by "Surf". You guys getting high "Surf" numbers too?

Hi,

Just curious,does anyone use the Radlinker program for their Ati video cards?

This program with its RadTabs interface allows more indepth video adjustments.

Ive got it,an use it with my ATI 9600pro.There is a TCL adjustment under the

DX tab in your display video settings after Radlinker & RadTabs is installed,make

sure it is ENABLED with LOMAC,i found that if it was DISABLED,it was causing

lock up,ctd's,poor fps.Just a suggestion.....to try..

XP pro

ATHLON XP 2200

MSI KT4 ultra

1gig DDR

9600 pro

80 gig WD HD

Ive got LOMAC runnin pretty good on my system,Im sure it will be better after

the patch.I get 34 fps in cockpit with combat ,74 fps outside view flyin.on avg.Thats with the A-10....