Sign in to follow this  
malibu43

Skyraider Prop renders behind clouds w/ Green Hell 2

Does anyone know what in Green Hell 2 would cause this? Problem does not happen on the range terrain or a clean VietnamSEA terrain. I tried tweaking some of the Green Hell 2 data.ini entries to make them match the range map, but nothing worked.

img00002-6.jpg

Thanks!

FWIW, it only happens with the '06 patch. No issues with the latest patches. Unfortunately, I don't use the latest patches in WOV...

*edit* - changing rederinorder= to FALSE for alphaobjecttexture fixed it, but then trees show up through clouds, which has already been noticed in WOE 4 seasons. For now, I'll just deal with the cloud/prop issue.

*edit 2* - there is a render in order option for cloud material in environmentsystem.ini. I might try that when I get a chance...

Edited by malibu43

Malibu, let me know what you find - I also have been suffering through this! It is even worse with the helicopters...!!! Thanks much in advance for any After Action Reports you can share!!!

Malibu, let me know what you find - I also have been suffering through this! It is even worse with the helicopters...!!! Thanks much in advance for any After Action Reports you can share!!!

Couldn't figure anything out. Sorry.

Couldn't figure anything out. Sorry.

Setting render in order option for cloud material in environmentsystem.ini isn't a good idea, but you propably noticed that by now (very weird transparency effects at clouds borders). It's an old bug, that TK fixed in WOI and post 06' patches, it also causes trees to render through canopy glass IIRC.

Sadly I never found solution for 06-level installs

One thing I noticed is that they don't have that problem in YAP2 (from the screen shots I've seen), but I have no idea how they accomplished that and I doubt it's information that will be shared.

One thing I noticed is that they don't have that problem in YAP2 (from the screen shots I've seen), but I have no idea how they accomplished that and I doubt it's information that will be shared.

I'm running YAP2 with the default sky and I get it on Helo's all the time. I did add GH2 but didn't put in the widesky mod but it seems to be an issue though. I don't believe it has to do with GH2 but I'm not sure.

Stretch

Stretch - yes, that is absolutely correct and a good point. We should have clarified that it is NOT a Green Hell 2 specific issue. Actually, because of the thicker cloud mods and more dense cloud coverage, in YAP2 the experience is far worse in my opinion. The other noteworthy comment is that I don't remember this being an issue with YAP1 and the '06 patch - so I actually think it may be within the updated cloud.bmps / .tgas themselves...possibly.

Edited by swambast

I'm running YAP2 with the default sky and I get it on Helo's all the time. I did add GH2 but didn't put in the widesky mod but it seems to be an issue though. I don't believe it has to do with GH2 but I'm not sure.

Stretch

The reason I assumed it was associated with GH2 was that I tried the stock terrain with Widesky and the issue went away. Also, changing the render in order option for Alpha Objects in the GH2 _data.ini fixed the problem (or changed it at least).

Maybe it's not a widesky or GH2 problem, but only an issue when those two are combined together. I didn't try stock clouds with GH2.

And looks like I was wrong about the YAP2 thing. I don't have YAP so I probably shouldn't have made that statement.

Edited by malibu43

GH2 (and 4-seasons WOE) in general causes more display errors on my system when combined with Widesky clouds than with stock environmentsystem. Reason unknown, maybe simply the smaller amount of cloud particles in default system :dntknw: