Sign in to follow this  
Laton

Tracer effect

Before I head off to work :biggrin:

Inspired by Jan Tumas' excellent little tracer smoke addition I've been messing around with the same things.

Makes the smoke a darker grey and changes the shape/lenght of the smoke trail.

trace1.jpg

trace2.jpg

(looks much nicer when animated)

To install:

1. In your First Eagles/Effects folder, backup any existing TracerSmokeEmitter.ini and TracerSmoke.tga files

2. Drop the contents of the zip file into the Effects folder and allow it to overwrite any files (you did make a backup - right?)

3. Fly, waste lots of virtual ammo.

Tracer3.zip

Edited by Laton

Laton I gotta be honest, I barely see anything. Maybe all I need to do darken the TracerSmoke.tga? I'll give it this a try later.

Laton I gotta be honest, I barely see anything. Maybe all I need to do darken the TracerSmoke.tga? I'll give it this a try later.

GreyCap, you're quite correct. I noticed the same thing this morning after I cleaned some old files out of my Effects folder.

My fault completely, but FE seems to read any .INI file in the Effects folder and look at the contents, not sure how it applies them (earliest date gets preference?) anyway. I had renamed my old tracer effect but had not changed the extension. So while I was playing with the new file it was applying my old effect over it.

The result was that I posted a tracer effect that was way too reduced for the particle effects. (this is why modders need feedback :biggrin: )

I've replaced the original file or grab it from the attachment on this post, they're the same. Overwrite my old version & if you have backups of effect in your effects folder

change the extension to something other than .INI (I use .OLD)

Tracer3.zip

Nice effect !

Thanks Laton.