Sign in to follow this  
Laton

My next project

Hi guys,

Now the SVA 5 is done I've been putting some thought into my next project.

It will be a German 2-seater of some type. I have a list of five candidates:

Halberstadt CL.II

Halberstadt CL.IV

Albatross C.1

Albatross C.V

Rumpler C.IV

these are ones I have good references for. I'm open to other suggestions if people can supply the reference data.

So I'm proposing a CombatAce First Eagles community screen-shot competition.

Winner & runner up pick the order that I build in.

Rules are pretty simple;

1. The screen shot must feature one of my aircraft models, starting with the Bristol M.1c right up to the SVA 5 - it doesn't have to be the primary subject but at least reasonably visible would be good. :biggrin:

2. Can use any skin for the aircraft. In fact I'd encourage 3rd party skins - even better if you get to and make your own :good: but don't look on this as a skinning comp. a great screenshot with a stock skin could easily win.

3. Post your screenshots in this thread only.

4. Photoshop or similar programs can be used for limited things - cropping, resizing and adjusting brightness/contrast but no adding new backgrounds, smoke/fire or other elements etc. If you make any changes please mention them in your post.

5. You can enter multiple times but please restrict it to one entry per person per day (so I don't get swamped).

6. Competition starts now and ends at Midday Saturday 9th of May (Australian EST - we're GMT +10 - maths boffins can figure out local times).

7. I'll pick the winner and runner up within a day and announce them in this thread.

That should be it.

Hope to see some great screenshots

Cheers

Laton

Edited by Laton

Love to participate, but I'm having trouble adding screenshots to my posts. There 'aint no instructions in the FAQ either...Can someone run me through the process please?

Thanks in advance.

Bucky

Okay, thanks anyway...I'll do it the only way I know how:

It's a nice idea, Laton...So I'll go first then shall I?

Using your Morane Saulnier Type L, here's my depiction of the events at 2:15am, on 7th June, 1915. It depicts the final moments of the German airship LZ37.

Sub-Lt. R.A.J. Warneford, in his MS Type L, serial No.3253, makes his final approach before dropping six bombs on the ill fated Zeppelin, LZ37. The Airship exploded and fell over Ghent, in Belgium. It was the first Zeppelin destroyed during WW1, and for this action, Warneford was awarded the Victoria Cross.

Let your eyes adjust to the darkness!

http://flickcabin.com/public/view/full/29055

Bucky

Edited by Southside Bucky

I'm open to other suggestions if people can supply the reference data.

I have Windsock data files for the Halberstadt C.V and Albatross C.1. Also have equally good drawings for LVG C.VI. Will send scans if you are interested.

I have Windsock data files for the Halberstadt C.V and Albatross C.1. Also have equally good drawings for LVG C.VI. Will send scans if you are interested.

Brilliant, I'll add the Halberstadt C.V and Albatross C.1 to the list. If they get chosen then I'll get you to send the scans through.

:biggrin:

Brilliant, I'll add the Halberstadt C.V and Albatross C.1 to the list. If they get chosen then I'll get you to send the scans through.

Heh, heh - had trouble typing last night. That should have been Halberstadt CL.IV. The improved two-seat fighter design that replaced the CL.II in the last months of the Great War.

htcliv_03.jpg

dfc.jpg

New pilots of the fledgling Royal Dhimari Flying Corp learned quickly to keep one eye on the fuel gauge.It's a long hot walk home...and not all made it.

PfaltzE1.jpg

Skin by v. Deutschmark

Edited by jarkko

"The First of Many"

Funny. I added the new "narrowplt" to my Pup. But didnt change the position first.

Looks like a crazy stunt. Not trying to win with this one. Just thought it would be a good one to share.

Edited by quack74

Thanks guys. Some nice stuff here. :good:

I'm going to give it to quack74 with his "The First of Many"

followed by jarkko

Whatsthatatmysix.jpg

quack, pick one of the following:

Halberstadt CL.II

Halberstadt CL.IV

Albatross C.1

Albatross C.V

Rumpler C.IV

jarkko, once quack has made his pick select one of the remaining 4.

Oh MAN! Do I have to give a speech?! :yahoo:

"I would like to thank the academy........." just kidding. :wink:

Well I think we need a "late" war German two seater since there is already some early and mid. So how about the Halberstadt CL.IV? That was pretty successfull from what I've heard. Great at ground attack and ground support.

Sorry CrazyHorse, but I went with the newer Halberstadt :rolleyes:

Thanks Laton. :clapping:

Funny. I added the new "narrowplt" to my Pup. But didnt change the position first.

Looks like a crazy stunt. Not trying to win with this one. Just thought it would be a good one to share.

I made the same mistake! :biggrin:

img00051-1.jpg

Well I think we need a "late" war German two seater since there is already some early and mid. So how about the Halberstadt CL.IV? That was pretty successfull from what I've heard. Great at ground attack and ground support.

Well done with the good screen shot, there are some nice planes in this sim thanks to Laton and other clever developers. Coincidentally I picked up a copy of the book "In the Cockpit" by the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum today from my local library, and they have the Halberstadt CL.IV as the sole WWI representative of their 50 History making aircraft that appear in the book. Nice cockpit photo and the stick is a two handed one looking like a shovel handle. It sounds like it was quite a plane with high maneuverability and it was fast too. :good:

Well done with the good screen shot, there are some nice planes in this sim thanks to Laton and other clever developers. Coincidentally I picked up a copy of the book "In the Cockpit" by the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum today from my local library, and they have the Halberstadt CL.IV as the sole WWI representative of their 50 History making aircraft that appear in the book. Nice cockpit photo and the stick is a two handed one looking like a shovel handle. It sounds like it was quite a plane with high maneuverability and it was fast too. :good:

I have a CL.IV that I will never finish. I will cheerfully donate it - no strings attached - to anyone who is willing to finish it.

CL4-4.jpg

CL4-6.jpg

CL4-1.jpg

That would speed things up a lot :good:

I'll take it on Geezer

Thx Laton :i-m_so_happy:

As quack74 is afraid of heights and wants to fly low I want to go high, so my choise is Rumpler C.IV.

I think it would be nice to fly at 21.000 feet (and avoid all those fighters and not get shot down as usually happens)