Sign in to follow this  
Balalaika

Taking the plunge, despite the credit crunch >< TrackIR4

Hey Guys,

Looks like trackIR is the way forward if I'm going to get the best out of a flight sim and google came back with this link:

http://www.flightstore.co.uk/prod/TRACKIRU/

My question: Is this all I need or is this pack missing something? Also, will I need to download any files to make this run with BHaH? That's not a problem, I can do that whilst waiting for delivery, but with it being so expensive, I want to make sure I get the right product and know what else is needed beforehand.

Have looked at the brilliant helpguide on the forum, so I know how to configure it all when I get it, just need to know what exactly is required to get to that bit! :)

thanks in advance,

Bala, bomber of farmhouses par excellence and flyer of dwindling fortune

That should do it Bala!

It will come with at least the hat clip (people differ on their opinion of the headset clip). The only thing you might need is to go to the NaturalPoint site and get the latest driver. OFF is coded to support TrackIR so once you plug the thing in, you'll get the "blue light" and be off to the races!

You might need to make some adjustment to the room your computer is in due to light. My machine is probably in one of the wost environments for TrackIR that you can be in (other than sitting out in an open field or a parking lot somewhere. :) ). I have windows on three sides of the room over the garage where my computer is. There is only one window that causes a problem and I solved it quite nicely with a window shade (picture can be seen in my doc). You probably won't know till you plug it in what issues you will face there. It's not hard to solve light issues but you may have to make some adjustments.

Good luck with it. You're gonna love it!

-mark

Edited by HomeBoy

Hi.

searched for the link to support this, but trackir used to give a discount to members...unforutunaly,,i think it was soh members (our old site). Their site just crashed, so everything that used to be up there is not yet been re-done. But,,,will put up a post in general discussion for you, and maybe someone with a link or more info can point you in the right direction. Forget how much of a discount it was, and not even sure if it applied to overseas shippments. It might even turn out it will be cheaper for you 2 purchase from an overseas distributer, than from natuarlpoint.

Winston,

if it's any help, I've lurked around Ebay and seen copies of Trackir come up fairly regularly for auction. Admittedly, they tend to attract a fair number of bids and go for near the price of a new copy, but it might be worth a punt. Alternatively, you could try Freetrack - I would have done so myself, but I suspect that my skills are very limited and that I'd probably end up with something which didn't work at little cost, as opposed to something that did for rather more.

and,,,i just got an email...trackir5 just came out.......i got trackir4, so didnt even bother going over to look too see how much it was....

Well I received my Trackir4 this morning and had it up and running well enough in about an hour. WOW! What a cool device it is! Even though it's not running perfectly (am getting brief pauses or stutterings as the view passes either sides wing-struts) it already got me 4 kills in aircombat in campaign mode :)) Been playing off for about 2 weeks now and these are my first 'proper' kills.

The big thing is it has enabled me alot more 'spatial awareness' and I can judge where I am in the world so much better now. It's great stuff.

The biggest surprise was when I half-stood up and could peer over the front of the plane! and leaning out over the edge is awesome. Shame that is is so pricey, but definatley worth the money.

Been a great 3 weeks, discovering BHAH, learning how to play it and fly half-decently, and through the forums discovered Trackir.

ps. anyone reading this can tell me what info needs to go ona claim form? I noted the type of aircraft and got a wingman as a witness (made notes before take off), and I put down approx. map co-ords and the ammo used. Anything I missed?

Cheers guys, it's nice to be here :)

Has anyone else downloaded the Trackir V5 software yet and used it on their T4 system? I did last night, and the set-up and a various system adjustment windows certainly do look different from V4's. I just have not had time to play with it, so I do not know if there are any other benefits yet or not.

TR5 is on it's way I see...The software that Aroth mentioned will be released for TR3 with vector expansion soon (I hope they do)

Edited by UK_Widowmaker