Sign in to follow this  
SlickWili

Lomac Enhanced Manual Update

For those of you who have ordered Nic Cole's enhanced manual for LOMAC (the one that's so full of supplements, guidelines and other goodies that the first run binders don't even close properly!) I thought I'd drop a bit of info on what I've heard regarding shipments so far.

The first run binders (#1 through 500) are touching down all over Europe and parts of the U.S. Some first run customers are still waiting for the local postal service to hurry up and process the shipments. Feedback on these first run copies is very, very good.

I received the following email on Sunday, December 21st regarding the second run shipments (of which I am a part of):

Just to keep you up to date, the 2nd run orders shipped on Thursday and Friday last week. UK customers were sent out Friday, rest of world Thursday. There is no tracking mechansim, so please son't ask me for a tracking number. There isn't one. We ship airmail worldwide and 1st class post UK. This method although it doen't give us a tracking number, it reduces shipping from $45 to $16, a much lower rate. The last load of manuals took approx 5-7 days to US, about 5 days to Europe. However some people (such as the Dutch and Canadians seem to be getting some delays on import) Bear with the post, it is Christmas it's possibly the worst fortnight of the year and some countries mail systems don't work Xmas day. I hope you all have a great Festive break, and wish you all the best for 2004 Nic

LOMAC Manual is the place to go if you want to find out more or place an order.

Cheers and Happy Holidays! B)

:P What a neat Christmas! I recieved my LOMAC manual today. I live in an area so rural that we don't even have a traffic signal in town, so I suppose those of you who live in a more populous environment should keep your eyes peeled. What a great manual 1 mine is #127 so I guess that puts me in the first "run". My congratulations to Nic , Mark Shepheard, and all those listed on "intro page v". Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and God's blessings during the New Year.

I got mine (#256) Saturday, in Colorado!! Aside from a few typos I am Very Happy with it. I corrected the closure problem by trimming 1cm off the plastic dividers and punching in new holes. Closes fine now and the tabs stick out about 4mm and are still easy to use. I even punched holes into the Flight Planning card and have it placed in front of the manual inside the binder.

$63.76...? Is that right...

I desided to go ahead and place the order for my manual and went thru the step in paypal...got to the totals and pay area and a $63.76 amount came up.... Is that right?

$63.76 + $39.99 +$3.30 tax = $107.05 for a game ????

I'm flabbergasted,astounded, awe-struck, awed, baffled, befuddled, bowled over, confused, dazed, and dazzled..........

I have never payed more than $55.00 for a game and finding out that this game will cost me more than $100 dollars if I want the good manual makes me want to shoot myself.... It's a great game ..I love it.. I have upsolutly no problems with it or how it runs in my computer..I have not run into any serious bugs where I gave up on the game.. But, when I find out that if I want the whole game...complete with manual will cost me a grand total of $107.05 I do the wide eyed ..double take....and I get flipped out, floored, flustered, lost, mystified, perplexed, puzzled, shocked, shook up, startled, struck speechless, stunned, stupefied, surprised, thunderstruck, and certainly.......unglued.. :wacko:

Yes I got help from...

http://thesaurus.reference.com/

My point here is that I have to think a little more about spending more than $100.00 of a game....

I wish it didn't have to be that way...

sorry, Nic Cole...

I'll have to re-think my prioities...... <_<

Edited by "Instigator"

#1 Hello.

#2 Don't shoot yourself. The firing squad needs the practice.

#3 The enhanced manual doesn't even claim to posess magical powers.

#4 The sim will run even without the enhanced manual sitting in your lap.

#5 FLY! Fly and learn.

Amen and Amen!

I have never payed more than $55.00 for a game and finding out that this game will cost me more than $100 dollars if I want the good manual makes me want to shoot myself....

I hear ya.

It took me quite a long time to get over the fact that the printed manual supplied with the game barely grazed the surface of sufficiency. For sim games, I am a big fan of the printed manual. ALT-TAB'ing during gameplay will never suffice.

BTW: The cost of the printed color manual in the binder has gone up by approximately 10GBP since I bought it. We were told this is due to the larger binder format being used. There are several options to choose from, including hi-res pdf download.

well we in the UK paid over $50 for our copy of LOMAC ur paying the equiv of £24, £10 less than we did, but no-one complained..

I don't think anyone's twisting your arm to buy it. I keep seeing these posts raking Nic over the coals for the price, and how it should be given away with the game, etc.

If you don't like it, don't buy it, it's simple really.

I don't think anyone's twisting your arm to buy it. I keep seeing these posts raking Nic over the coals for the price, and how it should be given away with the game, etc.

If you don't like it, don't buy it, it's simple really.

I didn't shoot myself after all.

You guys have made me realise something about myself.. I realize I have about 12 flight simulators in stock and that this is by far the best sim yet...so, I desided that it is well worth the invested money into making this sim a little more complete.. Yes I ordered it yesterday and Guys ....

I wasn't complaining I was simply asking if it was true what my total was....because I thought the total cost as I heard here was like 40 bucks.....

So, I wasn't complaining..I was asking for some input on the price....

Cheers.... :blink:

"Instigator"

Welcome to the "enhanced" club... ;) Like most posts here and on the ubi forums, once you have Nic Cole's manual in hand, you won't be disappointed.

The total costs associated with getting this manual into my hands is yet to be determined... I live in Canada and there have been a few discussions regarding taxation at the border. Some have stated that it will/cannot be taxed, but I'll believe it when I see it. :rolleyes: I'll post the final tally once I have it.

I received #374 last night.... awesome manual! No additional border costs. Total price paid is $72CDN. It's more than LockOn itself, but combined they're still cheaper than a 1-year subscription to the latest and greatest online games out there.

I never did like expiry dates with my games... :D

Kewl, SlickWili! You're making out like a bandit... er.... ace this Christmas. :D

Edited by Cretin

Hmm........I'm just lurking here a bit from the SF forum a few doors down and am wondering....how many of you actually have this manual? $40???? Wow.......are they trying to follow F4s manual?

I doubt that anyone is going to match or beat the original, hard copy, Falcon 4.0 manual. I keep it in a light, temperature and humidity controlled environment and wear gloves when handling it. :D