Sign in to follow this  
Chaingun

Chance To Improve Performance

9600XT, and does it ever make a difference. LoMac is now playable with decent frame rates. :D

Salute

Chain

I think this 'mod' is a placebo effect or it might be accidental performance increases due to things not loading/working.

For those of you with FPS increases, did you have HEAT BLUR on before you applied this tweak?

EVERYONE - if you're using the mod, check in the temp directory of lo-mac and open up error.log. The second line will say your ATI or NVIDIA DLL doesn't load. It reverts back to the old DX renderer as default anyways.

I think the mod breaks features and turns offs others by accident ~ giving a false sense that it's increasing your FPS.

Too bad because it would of been a nice tweak. :)

Edited by Mr.Fork

I think this 'mod' is a placebo effect or it might be accidental performance increases due to things not loading/working.

Kind of like the effect in IL2 FB of putting a copy of the cats 3.7ogl driver in the directory of FB so the game will utilize it instead of the current cat version you have installed. Also use to do this with the old voodoo drivers for red baron 3d. May just be by reloading the driver during the game start up that it works better? B)

Edited by Chaingun

Guess only ED can answer than question Chaingun. Maybe it doesn't load the mod driver during boot but loads it later on?

I'm using Omega's drivers too BTW. That may be a reason? But the Eagle Dynamic guys would know...

Edited by Mr.Fork

ED knows but due to national security concerns that information cannot be made public at this time.