Sign in to follow this  
Red-Dog

Who's the witness?

Hi all, Just wondered when playing 'DiD' rules how do you know who your witnesses are when filling in the claims form?

I've nearly always had my claims rejected due to lack of witness confirmation which got me to thinking who is the witness?

I've always put my wingman down as i thought he would be the one near by to see the action, but after getting 70% of my claims rejected i decided to pause the action and put the labels on to see who was best placed to see my kill and in most case's it's not your wingman!

Red Dog, you can and should write ALL your wingmen/flight members in there - that grows

your chances, and it works.

Very important: you must bring them wingmen back home alive. If they die on the way, you

won't have anyone to witness.

Edited by Olham

Red Dog, you can and should write ALL your wingmen/flight members in there - that grows

your chances, and it works.

Very important: you must bring them wingmen back home alive. If they die on the way, you

won't have anyone to witness.

Can you put more than one name in the witness box olham?

Yes! All of your flight. I often have four wingmen, and I write them all in there. Always!

And a typical line in the claims report would read:

1 SPAD13 Craft from Esc.82 hit and destroyed at 12h26, southeast of Vauxcere airfield.

Edited by Olham

Yes! All of your flight. I often have four wingmen, and I write them all in there. Always!

1 SPAD13 Craft from Esc.82 hit and destroyed at 12h26, southeast of Vauxcere airfield.

Cheers mate,now i know why so many of my claims get rejected. :good::good:

RedDog, I wish you a good growing kill tally for the future.

Be careful with your wingmen, protect them and bring them home - and you will see,

it is so much greater than it already was!

Olham:

Don't have the sim yet. How does one know the squad and the location of the victory?

That depends on how you fly it. If you play most immersive, with TAC ("radar") and Labels

"off", you can identify the Squadron only from their signs/markings.

But as I don't know their all signs, I switch labes on for short time, to identify the squadron.

Also, it would show you, if there are any aces with you - they are written with their full name.

For the location of the kill, you just look into your map, and note data like:

south-east of Ypres, or north of Bertincourt airfield.

That depends on how you fly it. If you play most immersive, with TAC ("radar") and Labels

"off", you can identify the Squadron only from their signs/markings.

But as I don't know their all signs, I switch labes on for short time, to identify the squadron.

Also, it would show you, if there are any aces with you - they are written with their full name.

For the location of the kill, you just look into your map, and note data like:

south-east of Ypres, or north of Bertincourt airfield.

Good deal - because I just received the sim!!! Uploading now.

Barkhorn - say 'Good by' to your previous life.

This will be a new one now, with many a flying hour over Flanders.

Congrats!