Sign in to follow this  
Womenfly2

Recommendations for a new Joysticks ...

Looks like I need to purchase a new one. What would you guys and gals recommend for a replacement Joystick with Force Feedback? I do like the feel of the plane and gun fire in the stick specially with BHaH.

Any recommendations?

Cheers,

WF2

Looks like I need to purchase a new one. What would you guys and gals recommend for a replacement Joystick with Force Feedback? I do like the feel of the plane and gun fire in the stick specially with BHaH.

Any recommendations?

Cheers,

WF2

i use the cyborg evo saitek force 2. i don't know about other sticks, but i am very satisfied with it. ff is quite strong. also when shooting and it's not all at the same spot, every force feels different. makes harder to aim when shooting, you can feel the wind better a.s.o. very good product.

Hi WF2. Nice to see you. I am using what many would maybe consider as low end but it works very well for me and gives me all I wanted in a FFB stick. It's the Logitech Wingman Force 3D. I got one for $5 and one for $1 at the Goodwill. I don't know if they are available at full retail anymore. This stick gives me very good control, with 8 programmable buttons, throttle and hat switch. The feedback is adjustable and very lifelike. I don't run on screen messages and this stick, like other FFB, gives tactile warnings of approaching stalls. I'm sure you know the merits of FFB sticks but I am talking so much as to maybe be informative to those who have not tried one with OFF. I have no experience with the CH or Saitek FFB's. Best wishes with your choice.

Hi

im just curious,,,,what do you have now,,,and,,why arnt you considering the same thing again?

I have a FF joystick that I would NOT recommend.

The Genius MetalStrike FF. What a piece of Junk

I was expecting to be able to feel some stiffining of the controls at higher speeds, looser at slower speeds as someway of judging how close to stalling. The only feedback that I would get is when I would pull the trigger I could feel the vibration of the gun. Do most FF joysticks model the control surfaces, also does OFF3 model the control surfaces?

Does anyone make a good quality FF Joystick?

Hi

im just curious,,,,what do you have now,,,and,,why arnt you considering the same thing again?

A Logitech Wingman Force 3D ... like it but, was wondering if there was a better quality one out now.

Cheers,

WF2

Sounds like you got stiffed by a Chinese Knock-OFF

Check out post #4, this thread, both of them are in the $60 range

I haven't used a stick with FFB, but I'd like to try. I want to keep my separate left-hand throttle and rudder pedals (both CH) though. Are there any programmable FFB sticks compatible with this separate hardware?

Hemo

I like the Saitek evo forcefeedback. But the throttle does stink. I use Saitek's throttle quad so it doesnt bother me, but given the faults with the joysticks design, in my opinion it's almost required to have another throttle controller with the Evo.

i use the cyborg evo saitek . Yea the throttle placement sucks. Otherwise not bad.

GB

If I had no budget limitations I might try a CH flight stick, however I do own a Cyborg evo force and I do like it although I find it a bit too complicated for me to adjust all the gain settings and the force feedback, the manual doesn't explain all the different adjustments. But still a fun stick when you can get everything working nice. If you decide to go Saitek they usually sell refurbished stuff (I bought mine refurbished for 50% the retail price). Heres the website http://store.gameshark.com/listCategoriesA...?idCategory=178

ive had the same saitek st 290 pro for about 4years now love not force feed back but throttle placemntis good and if you donthave rudder pedals then twist stickis way to go, jsut bought me 2 more for otherppl pc im building for them, price is great around 20.00 us

Saitek Cyborg X or Evo Force. I have one of each, and they are great.

Not force feedback, which I've never had, but I like my Saitek AV8R. Not expensive, and very solid with lots of programmable buttons and a very nice integrated throttle. I used to fly CH exclusively, and they were fine, lasting a pretty long time, but limited in buttons. This Saitek is the best I've had. Never had any luck with Logitech. It's funny, because some of their other stuff (such as remote controls) are great.

Sounds like you got stiffed by a Chinese Knock-OFF

It was the only FF joystick that flightsim.com had listed.

Check out post #4, this thread, both of them are in the $60 range

I have the Saitek X52 and rudder pedals that I have been very happy with just no FF, maybe I will try the FF Saitek Evo.

With FF in OFF can you feel the control surfaces? Speed? stall buffiting? or just the guns?

Does it help in flying to have the FF?

I've been curious about FF joysticks for a while - do they really do a 'better' job than non-FF items?

I've had a look at Ebay and there seem to be a number of Microsoft USB FF sticks on there, and none going for more than about 25 quid. What would people here consider a fair price - indeed, is it worth getting a new one rather than a working 2nd hand one? Having just (finally) lashed out a ton on Trackir 4, I'm a little loathe to spend about the same again on a new FF joystick.

I've been curious about FF joysticks for a while - do they really do a 'better' job than non-FF items?

I've had a look at Ebay and there seem to be a number of Microsoft USB FF sticks on there, and none going for more than about 25 quid. What would people here consider a fair price - indeed, is it worth getting a new one rather than a working 2nd hand one? Having just (finally) lashed out a ton on Trackir 4, I'm a little loathe to spend about the same again on a new FF joystick.

Well I wouldnt say that having had forcefeedback, I now couldnt fly with anything else. But it is very nice to have and is a lot of fun feeling the differences on controls among the various planes. For something like forcefeedback which is more complicated than a regular joystick (eg. motors in the base) itd be almost safer to buy a new one and have a warranty just in case. But if the price is right, why not get a 2nd hand one. But take heed of the warning that Uncleal provided.

Hi Al,

Yep, I read your advice about FFB, which is what got me curious in the first place. thanks for the further advice on particular josticks - I can see this is going to be about as much fun as getting a new video card was! <inserts emoticon denoting frustration and banging one's head against a hard surface>

I have the finest FF joystick that has ever been made and likely ever will be: The FrankenForce

:biggrin:

Trouble is, few people, other than crazies like me, would be willing to do such a thing. It truly is wonderful though.