Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Desert Storm Patch Uploaded

I guess more modern planes are just so powerful that you have enough ordinance to get the mission done, hit more targets of opportunity, and get back alive. :) medals are awarded for going beyond mission objectives right?

Its based on how many points you get, 3500 or more and you have the MoH.

Some targets like fueltanks and ammo bunkers (?) are high valued, have many points ... thats why it is very good to shoot up the fuel farms on airfields in SF mercenary campaigns ... easy money :ninja:

Some medals are limited in how often they will be awarded

There should be some ini file in which all that can be changed... I usually the point values for promotions... that way I can play whole campaigns but remain at lower rank levels

:skull:

Ah.. and ( IIRC!) some promotions or medals also require a certain number of kills in a mission.. dont remember if the kills are counted by type.... probably not.

There are also some seriously sweet target areas as well.

Have you seen the target rich environments at depots? They are usually fairly well defended, but if you carry some stand-off

weapons and plink those, then roll in on the depots, you can rack up some serious kills!

I've had 45+ in a few missions, and the points are huge...

Don't know if this is related to the patch or even ODS but I just flew a mission... and I could se problems with AI aircraft animations, like folded wings and open canopies in mid-air :haha:

No issues other than so far the F-15E external cockpit textures (dashboard, etc.) aren't showing. But the people I get the internet from can moan about downloading stuff, but who cares, it's worth it :good:

I will let JSF_Aggie know.

thanks for clearing that up

It was a runway strike, took out a Mig 21 about 50 miles out and 3 Mig-23's around the IP then two radar sites with HARM's before heading back to the boat flight intact airfield in shreds :)

Craig

Great !!! Many Thanks !!!!

Thank you Guys !!!

:good::clapping:

Having problems with Su-17.

Is it just me?

And when I tried flying this myself, I crashed instantly on the runway.

Other Su-17 models are fine.

I remembered I modded the Iraqi planes to play the Iraqi add-on campaign before the Patch.

Maybe I should try a clean install.

3518163714_fde9734cba_b.jpg

Edited by jomni

Guest a10boar
Guys, for the F-15E graphical issues, grab these .TGA's and put them in your F-15E directory.

My bad.

Thanks! :good:

Thanks JSF_Aggie! It worky good now :good:

JSF_Aggie,no need to apologize...i'm havin' a BLAST! :salute:

I got a problem here guys, it's probably my system's fault but it came out while installing the patch so I'm gonna post it here:

While installing the ODS patch, all of a sudden my HDD started making some wild sounds (like the infamous clic of death) and I had to reboot manually.

After a consistent number of these abrupt stops, I managed to install the patch by manually copying the required files in multiple attempts (e.g. first weapons decals and groundobjects, then UI and everything else, then aircraft from letter A to E...that sorta things) and succesfully merging the GUNDATA and WEAPONDATA. Now the patch sits in my install but the game won't work: when I start a campaign or even select single mission in the main screen, the game just goes to a black screen with the same old wild sounds coming from the HDD, and there's nothing I can do but to reboot via the power button.. Based on my experiences, I can deduce it's an HDD data access problem, but the funny thing is that everything else I have in that partition works just fine, it's a WOE problem only.

I should add that this is my only WOE install, an enormous merge of various mods that always proved to work fine, even when I added ODS to it.

Anybody knows if there's a way out of this issue, or anybody had any similar problems with the ODS patch?

Thanks in advance for your time, guys!

Hope to get this thing sorted out, I feels just painful...

Did you make a sep install of WOE? If you didnt, then that is the problem. Not trying to sound crass but the word was put out not to do this in anything but a sep install or it will cause you problems.

To fix this, make a new install and keep it for DS only.

As far as your HD goes, I highly doubt the patch had anything to do with that. I think your HD maybe dying.

I got a problem here guys, it's probably my system's fault but it came out while installing the patch so I'm gonna post it here:

While installing the ODS patch, all of a sudden my HDD started making some wild sounds (like the infamous clic of death) and I had to reboot manually.

After a consistent number of these abrupt stops, I managed to install the patch by manually copying the required files in multiple attempts (e.g. first weapons decals and groundobjects, then UI and everything else, then aircraft from letter A to E...that sorta things) and succesfully merging the GUNDATA and WEAPONDATA. Now the patch sits in my install but the game won't work: when I start a campaign or even select single mission in the main screen, the game just goes to a black screen with the same old wild sounds coming from the HDD, and there's nothing I can do but to reboot via the power button.. Based on my experiences, I can deduce it's an HDD data access problem, but the funny thing is that everything else I have in that partition works just fine, it's a WOE problem only.

I should add that this is my only WOE install, an enormous merge of various mods that always proved to work fine, even when I added ODS to it.

Anybody knows if there's a way out of this issue, or anybody had any similar problems with the ODS patch?

Thanks in advance for your time, guys!

Hope to get this thing sorted out, I feels just painful...

I cannot overstate just how quickly you must act from the first moment you hear the "click of death" this is how it started with my previous laptop, not ODS but somewhere in my game installs, purely because they see the most volume of file reading and writing I suppose, but anyway.. as soon as I hear the click, I started transferring files to external drive, but it was already too late, explorer kept freezing during transfer and even killing the process wasn't enough, power down all the way. I even tried the trick of deep freezing the drive and putting it in an enclosure to get the data through to another computer and still it refused. Finally in desperation I tried the hitting it firmly on the corner with a hammer trick and that didn't work. So then I tried the hitting it manically with a hammer all over trick and now it serves out the rest of it's days as a paperweight come drinks coaster.

Seriously, do not delay! Back up TODAY!!

Edited by Kopis n Xiphos

Hiya! I just want to thank you all for slaving away on this mod! I'm quite impressed with the quality and variety!

A note on the F-117, however.

I note that the patch states the F-117 wingmen are being equipped with dumb bombs as the laser guided ones don't work for them.

Couple of questions with this:

1) Do the LGB's work as they're supposed to with the player's aircraft? (i.e., get target on radar then drop from a few miles away at around or over 5k feet?)

2) Do the wingmen dumb bombs show up in the loadout screen? I've been finding that my flight (including myself!) doesn't have any A/G weapons loaded and that I have to do it manually for each mission.

It's not a dealbreaker by any stretch--when I load manually, my bombs work as 'dumb bombs' even though it says 'Paveway,' and my flight will drop their load when I tell 'em to. (Although not very well)

In short: I can still destroy my target. But just thought I'd ask those questions and point this out.

Thanks again for the mod! I haven't had this much fun since Microprose's F-117A!

**Edit**

More notes: In the F-117 campaign, only the paveway seems to be selectable as a weapon on the loadout screen. This differs vastly from the "Single Mission" screen where there -is- a default loadout, and all useful weapons can be selected.

Edited by argh

1. The LGBs work for player aircraft so long as you have a laser designator like LANTIRN (I haven't flown the -117 missions yet, but I'm guessing it's onboard like it is for the F-15E).

2. The loadout screen will show all available ordinance. If in campaign mode the only ordinance offered is LGB's, then that's what you have to work with. The wingmen should still drop them, but they'll drop them like dumbfall bombs. On single mission, all weapons that the plane can carry (by class) will show up.

Groovy! So the only "Bug" is having to manually load my (and my cohorts) bombs before the mission.

Not a big deal, really. =)

Groovy! So the only "Bug" is having to manually load my (and my cohorts) bombs before the mission.

Not a big deal, really. =)

Argh, it's not a bug. It's that way for a reason.

Read the README.pdf for the explanation.

Argh, it's not a bug. It's that way for a reason.

Read the README.pdf for the explanation.

*Sigh*

I read the README. I'm not an idiot. It says:

"Note that the A-6E, F-15E, F-111F, and F-117A are by default, loaded with "dumb bomb" versions of LGB's. This is because AI squadrons will not drop LGB's. This is a game limitation, beyond our control. This way, they at least release weapons. The downside is if you fly one of these aircraft, you'll need to load the real ones on your flight's aircraft. AI aircraft within your own flight will use LGB's."

What I'm saying is that the aircraft are loaded with nothing by default in the campaign, and that I have to manually load bombs into all the craft.

Just because the readme says something doesn't mean the software actually does it.

I know it's been a while since anyone has posted here but just a few errors I noticed, minor ones that really didn't detract from my gameplay:

1. JSTARS and AWACs callsigns did not match up with what air control was calling them.

2. When switching to USN aircraft taking off from carriers using F8 the carriers weren't there.

3. On the victory page, instead of the date I had %d. I think this was just a typo error but unsure.

All around great mod, and I've been having only minor trouble with it downloaded in the same WoE file as NATO since I got it off Steam. Great work!