Sign in to follow this  
331Killerbee

MGunny 331Killerbee's SF2 Ordnance Shop

screenie... dangit! Why isn't the post option here?

Forget it. If I see one more D-VII or Se-5 crawl accross my screen, hogging bandwidth, I'm gonna puke! Annooooooying! We get it, it's a great sim, not THIS sim but great. This is not a penny arcade. Rant much? naw not at all.

heat.gif TGIF

First Off......

If You have a WeaponsData.ini, GunsData.ini, Weapons.Dat or Guns.Dat, The only reason that You should be foolin' around with them is if You have a "First Generation Game". i.e.(StrikeFighters, Wings over Vietnam, Wings over Europe and First Eagles)

All "2nd Generation Games" (Any with the Number "2" in it) Does not require edits to a WeaponsData.ini or GunData.ini.....For Examples, Look at My posting above for File Structure.

As for the "ASRAAM", I used a "unedited" version of the Ordnance Shop with a EF-2000 and got this......

lo1.jpg

331KillerBee

I am having major problems with this weapons packs. When I added latest aircraft such as F-35A/B/C, F/A-18E/F/G, and few other into SF2 with this weapno packs (My SF2 is updated with Feb 2010 patches for SF2/V/E/I), there are alot of effects missing... Like for example, when I dropped flares and chaffs, they didn't show up. I am starting to think that, due to DX10 shader features, does it mean that this weapon pack need updates with .ini to work with Feb. 2010 patches?

Chaoic out...

I am having major problems with this weapons packs. When I added latest aircraft such as F-35A/B/C, F/A-18E/F/G, and few other into SF2 with this weapno packs (My SF2 is updated with Feb 2010 patches for SF2/V/E/I), there are alot of effects missing... Like for example, when I dropped flares and chaffs, they didn't show up. I am starting to think that, due to DX10 shader features, does it mean that this weapon pack need updates with .ini to work with Feb. 2010 patches?

Chaoic out...

Yes, The Weapons Pack is being updated. This one came out on 4 May 2009. It came out before anyone knew how Weapons Effects were handled in SF2 Series. The new Weapons Pack will have the Effects done for it. But if a User wants to get a he start on things, try this from the "Knowledge Base"...SF2 Weapons and Effects

There's nothing wrong with the Pack. Nothing at all. It's just that it was done right after StrikeFighters2 was released. I did 1800 Weapons from first Generation Format to SF2. And it's been working fine for Me ever since.

If You feel that this is not good enough for You. Then don't download it. And do Your own and submit it. Feel free to make it better if You can.

Once the revised Weapons Pack is done and Uploaded, That's it. I'm done doing Weapons Packs from now on. This will be My last one and I should be able to finish it up sometime next Week. I've been involved in every Weapons Pack since the Idea came to being around 2002. I retired from the Military. Now it's time for Me to retire from this. For the life of Me I can't see why something so easy becomes so difficult. I guess that's where Modding Experience comes from. I've been doing thing like this way too long. It becomes second Hat.

But for those that want to say that this Weapons Pack is "Broke" or "Doesn't Work" is so very wrong and insulting. It's more like "Hey Man, I'm too Lazy. Will You do all the Work for Me".

331KillerBee

331KillerBee,

It was never my intention to insult you or anything like that. I thought I was being helpful by reporting the bugs/problems with weapon packs and I am finding this to be very confusing! I have been looking at .ini modding lately during my free time from my university studies, in order, to find a way to help fixing weapons pack. You see, I have been starting to help modding community with anything. But keep in mind, I am often burden with my studies through computer science field with six classes through this spring semester, so I have a limited free time for modding but, again I am still learning to do some basic modding during my free time. Next time, I will report with more specific of which weapons is not working and see if I can do something to help.

Please don't feel being insulted or anything like that, I sincerely apologize if you feel like this way. I truly love your work and is very thankful for your weapon packs. Please don't feel like you should retire just because of my mistakes with my posting, and yes weapon pack involves ALOT of work, and i have a great respect for you because you worked very hard on bring weapons pack for us to enjoy SF2 to fillfull. I thank you very much for this and, instead of deciding to retire from modding because of how people post thing, please take a break and let us that want to help you, work with you and see if we can do something to help you with any issues that SF2 new patch may bring into weapons pack to bring it up to date.

And one more thing, please keep in mind, I am new to this situation, I have been gone for vastly long amount of time, so I don't know exactly what have gone on through this community. so pardon me if I have done anything wrong and I will need to ask of you for your patience with me and I will learn more of what have been going on through this community. I have alot of catching up to do.

Chaoic out...

Edited by Eagle114th

331Killerbee,

Dont' get upset on my account man. I was just blowing off steam after a hard week. I wanted to show you what my folder looked like with a screen shot, only to find that i couldn't in this thread. While I've been getting acclimated here, I've found using the site a little trying mostly because of the volume of text one needs to go through to get at real solutions. It's nothing against you or your brilliant work for this sim! The experience you brought to weapons mods is top notch! I was just making a crack about our darn PCPilot banner ad for Rise of Flight that you see above. That dang thing burns up bandwidth (yes I know we need the advertising) while we burn up brain cells and sleep hours trying to slog through the site. Heck, thats just reality and I'm just ranting becasue I'm tired and had a bad week. I work for the city and we're all bummin about the cuts coming from the wrecked economy and budget gap. That just adds stress. So back to the fun stuff...

I deactivated my weapondata.ini and sure enough, my F-15CFTs, stingers, small diameter bombs, hellfires and everything worked just fine. So all your work is performing just fine! good.gif I just wanted to show you what I had in my install to sort out where the extra files were. I bet I got them screwed up from another download or the wrong one (SF1) and didn't get it completely cleared out. I could have just read the wrong KB thread too! So please KillerB, don't feel like you're getting trashed. I know I was ranting like a 2 year old and should be the one getting spanked. Gunnies are TOP NCOs and a couple whining Jr. zoomies shouldn't be allowed to bring em down. So I guess the effects had an issue or something. You had to put together another pack. I'm sure that was drudgery. We appreciate it man. I for one am embarrased about my own hot headed flak. So cheer up and know that you've been heard loud and clear. Roll your eyes and tell the Colonel to keep us in line. You know "Butter Bars" we melt at the first signs of heat.

heat.gifSalute.gif

Edited by Squiffy

Hi Guys!

I have an issue: my radar guided weapons dont fire at all, like the AIM-7, or AIM-120... By the way, the radar ones are just fine, but actually I'm limited to use AIM-9 family for AA engagements.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,

JohnnyD2

Edited by JohnnyD2

Edit: my IR weapons are ok, radar doesn't work - even a clean SF2 install can't solve the problem... :/

Resolved the issue updating the game with the latest patch (November 2011)... :salute:

Edit: my IR weapons are ok, radar doesn't work - even a clean SF2 install can't solve the problem... :/