Sign in to follow this  
Falcon Six Two

The Newbies List Of Forum Acronyms

thanks Chaingun (i think)...;)

I'll accept this for now

You asked, I'm just trying to help.... :unsure:

TMI (TOO Much Information) is another used down here in Texas

Edited by Chaingun

Falcon, YMBB to start this, and, thats all I need is another acronym/nomenclature sheet to stare at and learn. :D

It's not enough for poor ole me to have to study the Garmin. No, lets throw some other stuff at silly old boltzs. He's way behind, and needs to stay that way. Danm DNA aint got no IQ er somthin. :)

This is great. Hmm, DNA: "Dat' Not Allowed" whaddaya think? I just hope that we don't start using these acros in real live conversations. I think if I ever heard my unborn child on the phone saying, "Oh, LOL! LOL". I think I'd give that little assclown a beating. /jk

I think if I ever heard my unborn child on the phone saying, "Oh, LOL! LOL". I think I'd give that little assclown a beating. /jk

You know, I think i remember almost saying LOL in a conversation one time... Almost. I caught myself before I said it, but it was still pretty scary.

Edited by PG_Raptor

You might see this in my signature at SimHQ, and as a greeting or closure here.

IYAOYAS

If You Aint Ordnance, You Aint S***

All purpose for ordies and ammo troops, a greeting, farewell, and insult all ine one.

Used mostly be Ordies to other Ordies or close friends. B)

My favorite:

REMF - rear echelon mother-f***er

Those who wear the uniform, but have a full career having never seen a real bad guy. Just about 95% of the USAF (my service) qualify for the title.

JABO? That seems to be german. Its short for Jagdbomber (JAgdBOmber), what means fighter-bomber.

AFA – Another Foolish Acronym

Anyway, I see to my annoyance that the list is NIAO, making it more difficult to look up terms if you don’t know Ctrl-F. Besides it would be neater!

Memebers of online squadrons may sometimes end a post with a salute, and I've seen a few styles...(not meaning that only squadrons can use them). B)

<S>

S!

<C> (a cheers salute)

sweet cowbell !!!!!

PGraptor, i caught myself doing that same thing onetime in highschool when i always went on chatrooms and almost said lol and kicked myself but thank god i caught it in time, almost a bad day

ZOMMFGIHIYBIHWTMFFWTSIMIMMLROTFLMFFAOJLWMBFEITWPSBHTLTBBQIAGOTODWAOMAHRAMFWHWSDHCBTIMIWLLOL!!!!!!11!!!111!!1!!11!!!!11!!11!!!11!!!1111!11!!!46

Oh My Mother F*king God In Heaven If You Believe In Him What The Mother F*cking F*ck Was That Sh*t I Mean It Made Me Like Roll On The Floor Laughing My Fat F*cking Ass Off Just Like When My Bestest Friend Ever In The World Pufflebump Snugglekins Burned His Tongue Licking The Barbeque In A Game Of Truth Or Dare With All of My And His Relations And Mutual Friends When He Was So Drunk He Could Barely Think I Mean I Was Like Laughing Out Loud!!!!!!eleven!!!one-hundred-eleven!!one!!one!!!!eleven!!eleven!!!eleven!!!one-thousand-one-hundred-eleven!eleven!!!forty-six

...Whew!

Edited by Longestpants

JHC, that's like the B-36 of acronyms.... WAYYY too big to be useful.

hey.... here's a new one that I use all the time- JHC- Jesus Hannah (or any other name that starts with H) Christ

sry if that offends anybody....

The newbies list of forum acronyms

You won't believe this guys..well you probably will, knowing it's me posting but I'm always at a loss with these acronyms. Same with this moblie phone texting stuff I have to sit and think (with my brain in) what's ZXYTH mean when I really don't have a clue what someone's on about. I'm old school (oh yes you know that) and just use the phone to talk to someone. All this XYZ stuffs is just *\%&@ to me so I just downloaded these alphabetical symbols to refer to. It's really useful.

Do we need a new/edited updated list?

GREETINGS ALL,

There's all kinds of "FU"s out there. Oh yeah. Just add an: MOS, rank, first name, gender, civie job title, whatever comes to mind. :wink:

You'll have folks "ROLF"ing, when ya tell 'em what you mean. :yes:

I find myself strangely educated by this thread...most I'd heard, with the exception of CTF (Crash to Fridge) and NTWITA (Now That's What I'm Talking About). Being a pretty hardcore forumer, it's nice to know that someone's out there to educate the newcomers and the veterans alike.

:biggrin:

@ Longestpants

Good grief. That is simply insurpassable.

Edited by SovietCommissar