Sign in to follow this  
Red-Dog

Comic strip Bhah

Hi folks just found a way on Photo shop to turn your screen shots into comic form.You could have great fun with this,i will be doing a story with my pilot as the hero.

Only trouble is you can't upload the pic's onto this site because the files are to big so i have made my own web-page for you to take a look.The pic you will see was a screen shot i did. http://red-dog.synthasite.com/

Hi Mr Dog,

That's a mighty fine picture - feel free to publish or link to more of that sort of thing.

Only trouble is you can't upload the pic's onto this site because the files are to big so...

All you have to do is, while the doc. is open in Photoshop, make a screen cap., which, by it's nature, is 72dpi, save as .jpeg.

EDIT:...forgot to ask, which Photoshop filter are you using?

Edited by Hauksbee

Hey thats pretty cool Red-Dog, and a great idea. Let us know when you get a strip done. In the mean time, I'll have to try it myself.

-Rooster

Hey thats pretty cool Red-Dog, and a great idea. Let us know when you get a strip done. In the mean time, I'll have to try it myself.

-Rooster

Yeah, go for it! Sounds like fun. I can't wait to see the results. :)

OvS

Cheers boy's i've flown my first mission and took about 30 screen shots so give me a couple of days and the first installment will be ready. :good:

...so give me a couple of days and the first installment will be ready.

It was "Poster Edges", wasn't it?

Edited by Hauksbee

Hi folks just found a way on Photo shop to turn your screen shots into comic form.

That looks a lot better than my impressionist water color screenshot. Sabash!

I'm coming over all Biggles...

Definately!...this is screaming out for a Biggles story!..or indeed a Squadron Commander Flasheart!...Im gonna have a bash at that!..great Idea Red Dog!

...great Idea Red Dog!

And so it is! But be ready for A LOT of work. I did a turn at drawing comics in the twilight of the Undergound comics in the 70's. You will never have the exact angle, or view, of the plane you want. You'll spend hours chasing the right moment of action. You'll start cutting pictures apart in Photoshop and pasting them together to arrive at the right scene...

Very rewarding when it all comes together, but a blue, screamin' b***h until it does.

wow,,,have we uncovered R Crumb?

No, I was never that good.

And so it is! But be ready for A LOT of work. I did a turn at drawing comics in the twilight of the Undergound comics in the 70's. You will never have the exact angle, or view, of the plane you want. You'll spend hours chasing the right moment of action. You'll start cutting pictures apart in Photoshop and pasting them together to arrive at the right scene...

Very rewarding when it all comes together, but a blue, screamin' b***h until it does.

I know what you mean now!

it won't be the best thing you've seen but it's my first go.

Cant wait Red-Dog. Im working on mine too. This is gonna be fun.

-Rooster

...it won't be the best thing you've seen but it's my first go.

Go to it! I don't bring my earliest efforts out into the light of day. I probably never would have published at all if a girlfriend hadn't said, "Pick up the phone. Call some printers. Get some quotes. You've got to get this stuff in circulation." And so it happened.

Hey Hauksbee your's are propper art mate, i would buy em now they look great :clapping:

Lol ! Great stuff. Will there be a competition hehe.

Nah. My comix days are behind me.

Red-Dog: I think I have a few copies of "The Last Award" issue. Give me an address and I'll post a copy to you.

Hi folks just found a way on Photo shop to turn your screen shots into comic form.You could have great fun with this,i will be doing a story with my pilot as the hero.

Only trouble is you can't upload the pic's onto this site because the files are to big so i have made my own web-page for you to take a look.The pic you will see was a screen shot i did. http://red-dog.synthasite.com/

that's fantastic. what a great idea. i've seen somewhere comics about the famous aviators of WW1, lufbery, udet...

the idea to make own versions is awesome!!!

would love to see your careers via comicbook. it's a shame i don't have photoshop.

what also would be cool, if you could add some plot and pictures of the life apart of flying. in the mess with the other guys and stuff like that. of course not possible because you would have to draw it by yourself. but would be cool to see a selfmade comic like that with plot and characters...

I hope not!.... My nerves won't stand it :blink:

that's fantastic. what a great idea. i've seen somewhere comics about the famous aviators of WW1, lufbery, udet...

the idea to make own versions is awesome!!!

would love to see your careers via comicbook. it's a shame i don't have photoshop.

what also would be cool, if you could add some plot and pictures of the life apart of flying. in the mess with the other guys and stuff like that. of course not possible because you would have to draw it by yourself. but would be cool to see a selfmade comic like that with plot and characters...

You could use Paint.NET (it's free)!

gallery_34327_276_7405.jpg

gallery_34327_276_510.jpg

Strange but nice. What other filters are available?

Thanks folks for all your comments,i only did it for a laugh but may be i should take a bit more time over it.

i agree with what you all say and will hopefully improve as i go along.

I will work on what i've already done to get it look puka,before i do any more.

Thanks once again.