Sign in to follow this  
peter01

Update to FMs

Yeah, its taken a little while :mellow: but now available here: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=8064

Have been doing bits here and there, and thats not such a good way ... getting a little complicated remembering what I have done/what I haven't, what I have tested/what I haven't.

I think its all okay, most of it very good, but I do know there are a few things I'll probably redo or tweak down the track. Anyway thought I'd just upload what I have, otherwise it will never happen. I won't be doing any more plane specific testing, I'll be just playing the game ... and as I only fly about half of these planes at most, let me know if there are any problems in installation, or with the FMs etc.

I haven't done variations for most models, only one version. Eg, one Camel, Fokker D7, Hanriot, and two N24/27s. if you want to have the variations with the same FM, but unsure how, just ask, its very easy.

Brief summary of the update (its all in one download):

1) 1915-1917 Plane FM Updates

=====================

Borts Albs - Albatros D1,D2, D2L, D2OEF.

New FMs - Fokker E1a, E3a, E4a

Changed FMs on Pup, Nieuport 11, Nieuport 16, Nieuport 17. Major changes, all more spritely :diablo: .

Changed FMs on MSH, MSL, MSLAO, Pfalz E1 and PfalzE3. Major changes, they should be more fun to fly.

Changed FMs on Martinsyde s1, Avro 504D. Not sure if better or not :).

Modded Fokkers E1/3s, reducing tendency to climb, but stalls not changed, can still be a problem.

Modded Fokker E4. A little harder to fly.

Added FMs for Laton's Hansa/Phonix - little bit easier to fly, especially Hansa.

Changed AI on Most FMs, as wellas various other things.

2) 1917 - 1918 Plane FMs

=================

Includes 26 FMs.

CamelF1(130), Se5a, Spad7(180), Spad13, AlbatrosD3OAW, AlbatrosD5, Albatros5a, FokkerD7, FokkerDr1, AEGIV, DFWC5, Re8, SalmsonA2 by Thirdwire.

Dolphin, F2B, Snipe, Triplane, PfalzD3, PfalzD8, Pfalz D12, Schuckert D3, Br14 by A-Team.

N27, N27_RFC, N28, Hanriot HD1 (CAM) by EmiD.

I never tried any FM mods before, but will give it a try now. Whatever adds to more realism. :yes:

Will this work on the latest patch by a chance?

Falcon

Will this work on the latest patch by a chance?

Falcon

Ahh, had me worried for a sec :blush2: . Thought TK may have released another patch whilst I was busy doing FMs :rolleyes: .

It is for the latest patch - Nov 2008 :good:.

Thanks soooo much for this.

Some of the older add-ons were in dire need of AI improvement.

Tom

Thanks a lot...I know it's a lot of work!

FC

Ahh, had me worried for a sec :blush2: . Thought TK may have released another patch whilst I was busy doing FMs :rolleyes: .

It is for the latest patch - Nov 2008 :good:.

Excellent. I await the release :biggrin:

Falcon

:ohsnap: I just found out that I'm on Oct 2008 patch :lol:

I'll post up my padlock view fix when I'll install the Nov patch

Falcon

Peter01 I have all your FM's and what wonderful stuff they are thanks, now can I ask you the gun jam happens to often for me some times I only fire a short round and they jam is there any way I can change the indevidual planes so they don't jam so often.

I know how to extract the various INI files and editing them but witch one.

Buy the way I fly on Hard settings.

Just change the reliability % in the gundata.ini Don. Its about 85% for Vickers and Lewis, less for Spandau. Increase to 95% or more for Vickers for example. Gun jams are so common currently you expect it every few rounds, which is a bit much for me too. Remember to use the gunedit utillity, and "Save As" to overwrite your existing gundata file.

Just change the reliability % in the gundata.ini Don. Its about 85% for Vickers and Lewis, less for Spandau. Increase to 95% or more for Vickers for example. Gun jams are so common currently you expect it every few rounds, which is a bit much for me too. Remember to use the gunedit utillity, and "Save As" to overwrite your existing gundata file.

Thanks mate keep up the good work.

Great! Peter, may I host this FM patch on Wings of Honor also?

Hi Gremlin_WoH,

Many thanks for your site, and I visit often to keep up to date with ww1 flight sim developments. Quite a boom time happily enough, so expect it keeps you more then busy :smile: .

Re FMs, apologies :sad: , but can't say okay to that. The reason put simply is I have always obtained permission to do FMs from each and every modeller that provided the original plane model. The FMs includes their initial work. Some of the FMs includes work by others too, for example the inclusion of Le Prieur rockets.

And the permission was for uploading specifically to CombatAce.

The reason is historical and somewhat complex, it certainly was important at one time, and may well still be.