Sign in to follow this  
gumpy

Another new jet for IL2-1946

So I go over to flying legends to look for some skins and I see skins for the F-86 Sabre jet and Sea Fury. What gives? Nothing about where to get these or when you can get them. So now the hunt begins... :dntknw:

Where where where and please someone tell me there's a Gloster Meteor out there....

I must be missing something since it requires adding info to the air.ini file. After registering, downloading hundreds of megabytes of files guess what? There is no air.ini file. Got the AC_INSTALLER_v3_3.exe, unified installer downloaded, and no air.ini file. An hour on this and I'm still searching... if anyone has a working install of this I'd appreciate some help in what I'm missing here. :blink:

Hey Roo,

You should find the air.ini file in *game folder*\MODS\STD\com\maddox\il2\objects\

Yeah, it's buried. For the new Sabre, which you should have put in your MODS folder, you'll need to add the following line to that file:

SABRE air.XP_86 NOINFO usa01 SUMMER

put it in the file in the proper alphabetical order.

For the Panther, which you should have also added to your MODS folder, you add in the same air.ini file in alphabetical order the following line:

F9F2_Panther air.F9F2 1 NOINFO usa01 SUMMER

They should show up then. I've flown both, and they are sweet.

Nope, just a static.ini file and nothing else. :dntknw:

Hmmm.....

Well, that's odd. You have installed the UI 1.1, right?

I'm no expert on mods, that's for sure. But I think I can just send you my file. These files are basically just lists of planes and default settings. If there are planes on the list you don't have, I don't think it makes any difference whatsoever. If you'll PM me with your email address, I'll send you the file. It's small (28kb).

Well, darn it! I had to delete everything due to lack of disc space. After spending a lot of time looking for answers I've decided to just waite another day when there is a download that has everything needed on it to make the puppy run. There seems to be way too much information to go through to find what is needed at that website. I'm an adherent to the K.I.S.S. rule of Keep it Short and Simple. Life is too short and other priorities will preclude any addons for now. This is just like when I tried out the Orbiter Space Simulation freeware. After the game crashed for the fiftieth time and disk space was running low I had to dump that one too. After saving to a CD disk of course. Oh well, maybe someday.

heres an asner that i gave over at the thread for the f-86

"these only work in 1946, and i would recomend first downloading the unified installer, wich adds all nessicary files/folders, and makes all ai only plains flyable. to install a new plain, use the seach funtion, afterinstalling unified, and shearch the il-2 1946 folder for air.ini, plains_ru.properties, and weapons_re.properties. you need to be pached up to 4.09 ( the beata pach will do untill the new one comes out.)

also the planes/air info needs to be in the same slot ie. if you are adding a plain listing below the TB-3 in one, it must must be below the same TB-3 version in the other, it dosent matter where the weapons info goes, i always put it at the top. also if you dont have il-2 1946, get one, you can get it for $20 on amizon, and it is the only version beeing modded at AAA."

hope this helps, norm

edit, pacman, there is a Gloster Meteor in the works an all aircraft arcade

Edited by the norm