In anticipation of a FAA version of the Buccaneer, I've been spending a little spare time improving my tired old lady. Hopefully I'll get around to animated blast doors, etc.

TheArk-1.jpg

If anyone has good plans for the flight deck vehicles/tractors, cranes, etc............... drop me a line.

Man that is cool.

Thanks, but if anyone has halfway decent plans for the various flight deck vehicles................ that would be terrific. I have a couple, but they are very low res.......... so not very useful.

cool boat! :skull:

No, not so cool. The hull form is incorrect, the island curves are wrong, etc., etc. The British government is very secretive, still, about stuff built in the '60's. I've never yet seen a decent plan for Ark Royal after her 'Phantomization'. I've acquired a fair few plans of the Ark over the years, but most make little, construction sense when you actually try to make a model. This thing is a composite.

Likewise for post-refit Eagle.

Hinch, I know You more than likley have got all the Photos Of the R07 that You need. But I'll post some here for others to keep their Eyes out......

AK1.jpg

AK2.jpg

AK3.jpg

AK4.jpg

No, not so cool. The hull form is incorrect, the island curves are wrong, etc., etc. The British government is very secretive, still, about stuff built in the '60's. I've never yet seen a decent plan for Ark Royal after her 'Phantomization'. I've acquired a fair few plans of the Ark over the years, but most make little, construction sense when you actually try to make a model. This thing is a composite.

Likewise for post-refit Eagle.

Aha.. but hey.. you are a great shipbuilder :skull: ... all your projects are cool!

some nice Ark vid http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5lpja_ark-royal-traps_tech

Edited by Crusader

Hinch, I know You more than likley have got all the Photos Of the R07 that You need. But I'll post some here for others to keep their Eyes out......

I have a whole of host of similar shots. That last one is the front cover of an Ark Royal 'biography' (HMS Ark Royal IV - Britain's Greatest Warship), which is a great read......................... but the b&w photos leave something to be desired........................... and the book contains no plans! (arrgh!).

Looking good over there.

Guest a10boar

Hinchinbrooke,are you looking for an era specific HMS Ark Royal R07?Later versions on this great carrier is here:

http://www.riverclydephotography.org/2008/...-royal-r07.html

If looking for HMS Ark Royal when in the Gulf,I have cut-away view and regular full color photos.Forgive me if have misunderstood your intentions.

Hinchinbrooke,are you looking for an era specific HMS Ark Royal R07?Later versions on this great carrier is here:

http://www.riverclydephotography.org/2008/...-royal-r07.html

If looking for HMS Ark Royal when in the Gulf,I have cut-away view and regular full color photos.Forgive me if have misunderstood your intentions.

Thanks a10boar, but that's the present Ark Royal (R07). I'm lamenting the lack of details for R09 (Ark Royal made famous by Rod Stewart and 'Sailor').

Funnily enough, R07 came up the Thames a few years ago and my father got some good shots, which I've archived............... somewhere.

Well, anyway, I have a plan of USS Nimitz which includes flight deck vehicles, so I might just go with those.

Hinch,

Stand by for a PM I've got the flight deck plan and I should have a load of photos of a period deck tractor from the FAA Museum from when I made this. I know what you mean about the hull form, took me months of fiddling to get it half way there, although I think Fujimi do a 1/700 model of her as launched which provides some pointers.

And before anyone asks I don't think it'll play nice with Strike Fighters, it's got about 25 big textures which'll drag the frame rates way down.

Hinch,

Stand by for a PM I've got the flight deck plan and I should have a load of photos of a period deck tractor from the FAA Museum from when I made this. I know what you mean about the hull form, took me months of fiddling to get it half way there, although I think Fujimi do a 1/700 model of her as launched which provides some pointers.

And before anyone asks I don't think it'll play nice with Strike Fighters, it's got about 25 big textures which'll drag the frame rates way down.

Thanks Skippy! Much appreciated. I think I did a better job with Eagle's hull form, but transferring that hull into the old Ark model is too much of a major construction for my taste and time.

Hinch the thing looks good to me. I am not a ship person though so if you say the hull shape is wrong I will take your word for it. Still excellent work.

Hinch the thing looks good to me. I am not a ship person though so if you say the hull shape is wrong I will take your word for it. Still excellent work.

Thanks! It's not dramatically wrong....................... just could be better. When good sources are few and far between, some assumptions have to be made when studying the plans to hand.

Thanks! It's not dramatically wrong....................... just could be better. When good sources are few and far between, some assumptions have to be made when studying the plans to hand.

Its your Naval yard. If you say its good to sail on, we will.

S!

And..... like Dave, not really a ship freak, but the Ark Royal is looking sweet... :good:

Hinch,

I'm a ship freak, and your Ark has always looked great to me. Of course your opinion is the one that really matters, but us humble "users" all seem to think she's pretty sweet. Thanks for ALL your flattops!

SB

Hinch,

I'm a ship freak, and your Ark has always looked great to me. Of course your opinion is the one that really matters, but us humble "users" all seem to think she's pretty sweet. Thanks for ALL your flattops!

SB

Thanks SB,

But seriously, being realistic and reasonably dispassionate about what is a three-year old model.................. she needs to work to match the Bucc. Fortunately, I've acquired a lot of new information over the years.................... so an updated version will be a lot more presentable.