Sign in to follow this  
mustang60348

3dRealms is shutting down

As per the topic, though not simulation related, it seems as though 3drealms cow has finally run out of money while trying to develop DukeNukem Forever.

I must say, I predicted this about 5 years ago, surprised it took this long.

Now for my next prediction. ( I have a buddy of mine who quit working for them 3 years ago becuase of (his words) complete and utter incompetence of management)

3drealms will sell the IP and make a ton of money for the two guys at the top. And the employees who got paid 'very little' in terms of what the average dev makes will lose out. How you ask, well they all had compensation built into their contract for when the game ships.....well folks it ain't being shipped by 3dr. This means that 3dr top guys can sell the IP and all current work to date (according to this guy they are about 95% done). This means someone else will finish it for a couple of million dollars and the guys who poured their heart and soul won't see a dime of extra money they would get if the game had shipped with 3dr.

They've been "95% done" with DN:F for 10 years, haha. That game will never come out.

People were calling it vaporware for several years now. It's been pretty much a running joke.

Amazing it took this long for them to finally say it themselves.

Pathetic. Other "lesser" devs have released MULTIPLE games in this time period.

No surprise when you don't release a game for oh....14 years! DNF has been vaporware for 12 of them, a worse joke than daikatana.

What a joke, kind of like Fighter Ops....