Sign in to follow this  
Indy_BIA

My Fav Tac/fps Games

I was wanting to do this before Christmas but I was really busy. Just wanted to let everybody know about some really great games. Some of which are older and can be picked up pretty cheap. I'll place the cost of the game at EB games in case you may want to pick it up.

Delta Force Black Hawk Down $39.99

If you've played other Delta Force games you know what to expect. It's more of an FPS than a hard nose infantry sim that I prefer but still was good fun. It gives you a good idea of what modern urban warfare is like. Running around the cramped quarters reminded me very much of where I was in Israel. The engamements are quick and close. It's a great action game and the expansion is coming out soon.

Hidden & Dangerous 2 $49.99

This is a great WWII TAC Sim. The realism is as good as Operation Flashpoint. The game has some very intense moments. In one stage you have to defend an Oasis aginst a German Attack at night. I love this game. The only thing bad I have to say is that there is no multiplayer Coop mode. That is the only thing bad about this. It's a fantastic WWII single player game. There are so many ways to compelte the mission that it can keep you busy for a while.

VietCong $39

This game is great. It really makes you feel like you are in the jungle. The enemy is smart and at times almost invisible. The look of the terrian is some of the best I've ever seen in a war game. You even get to go into the tunnels. This game has it all when it comes to Vietnam foot soldiers. Realism, Tunnels, traps, and enemy that appear out of nowhere. There is also a mission pack coming out soon. I wish this game were more popular as it's a very good game.

Some budget Games to pick up

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell $29.99

This game is great. The graphics are awesome. It's a stealth/spy game. I usually prefer war games but this one still holds my interest almost a year after I bought it. I played Metal Gear Solid but Splinter Cell blows that out of the water for me.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Gold Edition $29.99

Another Classic. I love this game and can't wait for GR2. The Gold Edition comes with both mission packs and the mod community has a ton of mods for the game. This is my second favorite game of all time. Highly Recommend it

Operation Flashpoint Game of the Year Edition $26.88

The mother of all First Person Tac sims. This is my favorite game of all time. The GOTY comes with both add-ons. The mods for this game are top notch as well. This is the best first person tactical game I've played. It is the closest you'll come to being in actual modern open warfare. The game is simply fantastic. If you don't have this game then go out right now and buy it. It's that good.

America's Army: Special Forces 2.0a.....FREE

I've been playing CoD today (got it for Christmas) and it's one of the best FPS's I've played in awhile as far as immersion goes. I've never had quite the feel of "being there" that I have with CoD. Some of the street fighting so far makes we want to cower under my desk at times... :D

I've been playing CoD today (got it for Christmas) and it's one of the best FPS's I've played in awhile as far as immersion goes. I've never had quite the feel of "being there" that I have with CoD. Some of the street fighting so far makes we want to cower under my desk at times... :D

CoD is a very good game from what I've seen!!!

America's Army: Special Forces 2.0a.....FREE

yep, one of the best FPS i have ever seen

Global Operations !! great game

got sick of it after a year and half :lol:

Raven Shield is good as well....

and there are more good FPSes and more to come :D

Yeah I like COD as well. I'm more into hardcore realism but COD single player is very intense. I don't like how they make you listen to the music. No way to turn it off. I have a easy fix for that if you'd like it. If you are just playing it and haven't gotten to the Russian part. You my friend have seen nothing yet. Climbing the banks of the Volga and charging Red Square. My god I still hear screams and MG42 fire in my sleep B)

Yeah I like COD as well. I'm more into hardcore realism but COD single player is very intense. I don't like how they make you listen to the music. No way to turn it off. I have a easy fix for that if you'd like it. If you are just playing it and haven't gotten to the Russian part. You my friend have seen nothing yet. Climbing the banks of the Volga and charging Red Square. My god I still hear screams and MG42 fire in my sleep  B)

My friend, you ain't kidding. ;) I've been playing pretty much nonstop all day yesterday and half the day today and I'm currently at the Stalingrad Apartment clearout mission. Damn hard, it's just a mess, tanks everywhere, germans everywhere, I'm currently stuck on this one. :D

Like I stated in another thread, these Stalingrad missions are some of the most intense gaming I've ever had on the PC. That run up the riverbank, the street fighting, I was literally exhausted after playing for an hour or so this morning. I finally had to take a break this afternoon, it was taking so much out of me. ;) I love the boat ride over the river, you could SEE the fear in your fellow soldier's faces. What a nightmare.

The car ride in the early missions was a hell of a ride as well! :lol:

what is the Skill level you are playing CoD?

MadJeff and the others :)

Playing this game on Veteran is so intense. I've never played a game that scares you like this one. Every time I get killed is so sudden that you don't see it coming. Very immersive. I'm just starting the Berlin missions. So far to date, the Stalingrad missions were the hardest. After that though, you get to drive around in a tank and blow stuff up. Great fun!!!!