Sign in to follow this  
Charlie 14

Invisible SU-17's in NF4?

Flying Tornado F3 missions in NF4-1986 I'm able to cycle through the various aircraft and occasionally I will come up with a flight of SU-17's that appear under the aircraft ID portion of the screen in the lower right hand corner but the aircraft are invisible...Is it likely I have a corrupted NF1, NF2, NF3, or NF4 download, or is it a bug?

Oh, by the way, the NATO fighters downloads for WoE is just fantastic by the way, everything, the whole package, just brilliant, the invisible SU-17's aside.

Edited by Charlie 14

The only thing I can suggest my friend is to do a reinstall. If it happens again then let C5 know and we can get it looked at for you.

I agree, try to reinstall...I have not seen this problem before.

Guest a10boar

After applying the NF4 patch it corrected itself for me.It could have been a mod I used tho.

Beware using any other mods with NF1/4 for it was designed to "stand alone".

Not to say you can't add other planes, terrains, ground units, weapons, etc, just that it's trickier than with a stock game to do so without the mod, the thing you add, or both breaking in the process. :biggrin:

Beware using any other mods with NF1/4 for it was designed to "stand alone".

Not to say you can't add other planes, terrains, ground units, weapons, etc, just that it's trickier than with a stock game to do so without the mod, the thing you add, or both breaking in the process. :biggrin:

I too have this invisable Su-17 issue. I have a clean install with just NF1/4 and nothing else.

I too have this invisable Su-17 issue. I have a clean install with just NF1/4 and nothing else.

Might try copying just the Su-17 (or Su-17M3, depending on which one is giving trouble) folder form the download into your aircraft folder...

Yup, that's my situation as well... Clean install, patched, NF1, 2, 3, and 4 added on only. The invisible SU-17's are in the 1986 campaign...

i dint have change to install NF4 yet but normaly a invisible A/C his a LOD problem well has far has i know might be just goofing off here

check to see if the lod his in the folder and try to fly the Su-17 in a single mission to check watt happens

C5 sory for putting my big nose on this affair

The only thing I can suggest my friend is to do a reinstall. If it happens again then let C5 know and we can get it looked at for you.

Dave, mine does the same thing. I noticed this on day 1, but have not reported it.

OK, I'll do a clean install and check on this as soon as I can. Probably tomorrow. ;)

hi, im not an experienced modder,but what ifound was one of nf updates install paths was different to the others,ie it went to C:/programs/THIRDWIRE/WOE, not where my WOE folder was ! it caused huge problems. I uninstalled the lot ,reinstalled WOE putting it in thirdwire folder,patched,and apply NF1-4. ps iturned horizon setting down to FAR,every thing else on maximum and that stopped the CTD issue. now it runs great ! hope this helps

hi, im not an experienced modder,but what ifound was one of nf updates install paths was different to the others,ie it went to C:/programs/THIRDWIRE/WOE, not where my WOE folder was ! it caused huge problems. I uninstalled the lot ,reinstalled WOE putting it in thirdwire folder,patched,and apply NF1-4. ps iturned horizon setting down to FAR,every thing else on maximum and that stopped the CTD issue. now it runs great ! hope this helps

Excellent point! Make sure that the installers are pointing to the correct folder for your NF install!

Excellent point! Make sure that the installers are pointing to the correct folder for your NF install!

I checked and it appears that everything was directed to WoE no problem. NF1-4 are where they are supposed to be....I did look at my aircraft folders and while I do have the corresponding files for the SU-17 and the SU-17M I do not have the file for the version of SU-17 that comes up invisible....I wish I had made note of the version of SU-17 that did not appear....It was something like SU-17M3 maybe?

Edited by Charlie 14

I too have this invisible Su-17 issue. I have a clean install with just NF1/4 and nothing else.

Well, I found my "invisible" SU-17M3's...Maybe this can help.

OK, here's where I seemed to have gone wrong: Default File Paths.

As things are currently set up when you download WoE and the WoE 2009b update from Third Wire the default installation file path they will install to unless otherwise directed is: "C:\Program Files\ThirdWire\Wings over Europe"

When you download NF1, NF2, NF3, and NF4, the default file paths that they will install to unless otherwise directed are:

NF1: "C:\ThirdWire\Wings Over Europe" via an exucatable nfsetup.exe

NF2: "C:\ThirdWire\Wings Over Europe" via an executable nfsetup.exe

NF3: "C:\Program Files\ThirdWire\Wings over Europe" via an executable file

NF4: You unpack the zip and extract it to your WoE NF install and the default file path may vary depending on what you last selected with your unzipping utility.

The long and short of it is if you don't check to see where the the various files are installing to and rely upon the default file paths as set by Third Wire and Column 5 you will end up with files fragmented hither and yon, the result being an incomplete installation and such things as invisible SU-17M3's, lag times in mission play, and probably a host of other problems that I didn't pick up on...

I went back and started from scratch, loading WoE, the 2008b Update, and all four of the NF series and ensured they were going to "C:\Program Files\ThirdWire\Wings over Europe". The result was much smoother game play, the SU-17M3's appeared along with a number of other previously missing planes, and what was already (I thought) just a great add on became absolutely fantastic...

I hope this helps.

Edited by Charlie 14