Sign in to follow this  
planecrazydale

Warp kills anti-aliasing

Hi all!

I have kind of a weird glitch occuring, and I didn't see that anyone had reported it before.

I have a really quick system so I have anti-aliasing at 16xQ. So, usually, my aircraft looks great from all views.

However, if I hit "X" and warp I get a weird problem. When I drop out of warp it looks like my anti-aliasing has went to non-existent. (suddenly the rigging wires, gunsight, terrain, etc. are all ragged edges)

I apologize if this has been reported before, but I did a search and also checked the F.A.Q.s and couldn't locate the same issue.

Anyone have any ideas? Or has anyone seen this before?

I am hoping the fix isn't to "just don't warp"! :blink:

Thanks everyone for the help!

Dale

Never heard of it but sounds like you are running out of video memory. AA needs lots.

Warp loads all the textures from the ground as you fly and does NOT release them until you stop some kind of glitch there.. lower your terrain and scenery slider, warp for less distances (break it more often), or turn down AA.

I get that intermittently usually after changing views (F4) but most noticeably after switching between player/target and target/player views. I have AA on 8 and that's fine for me ..... sexy straight lines including rigging. When it does go all weird it's an insult to both the modellers and me and it looks so crap I exit out and start again. It could be the vid memory I guess (I have 512mb on a 9800) but who really knows with PC's ? They can reduce an intelligent man to a nervous wreck if you let 'em.

In any case for me it's fairly rare now so it's more of an annoyance than anything else and there seems nowt I can do about it anyway except exit and restart.

So Dale, you are not completely alone. A reinstall, after a manual deletion of OFF/CFS3 related registry entries, reduced the incidents for me.

I get that intermittently usually after changing views (F4) but most noticeably after switching between player/target and target/player views. I have AA on 8 and that's fine for me ..... sexy straight lines including rigging. When it does go all weird it's an insult to both the modellers and me and it looks so crap I exit out and start again. It could be the vid memory I guess (I have 512mb on a 9800) but who really knows with PC's ? They can reduce an intelligent man to a nervous wreck if you let 'em.

In any case for me it's fairly rare now so it's more of an annoyance than anything else and there seems nowt I can do about it anyway except exit and restart.

So Dale, you are not completely alone. A reinstall, after a manual deletion of OFF/CFS3 related registry entries, reduced the incidents for me.

Thanks very much Gents!

Dale