Ops, wrong Forum :D :rolleyes: :P :D

HAPPY 2004 EVERYONE

Is that picture a joke?

It may come as a surprise to many, since you may not

have an easy access to Spanish language sources, but many people in

Argentina still claim that the attack was real, and from time to

time, a new article is devoted to the action in different

publications.

As far as I know, the two surviving pilots involved in the action, Gerardo Isaac and Teniente Ureta, still claim having hit the carrier. Anyway, the fact that almost 1000

crew members of the British ship never confessed any attempt at

cover-up, and that the ship never displayed any battle-damage, clearly

backs up the official British version that claims that ship attacked

was HMS AVENGER.

Well, there is a homage to a person who died in the HMS Invincible during the war:

http://www.sama82.org/garden/2/5/3/home.htm

Brian died on H.M.S. Invincible and was buried at sea. A section of a letter written by Brian whilst at the Falklands is on display at the Chapel

I think it was Baco from Ecv56 who was commenting this in the squadron forum, it was something to do with one of the A-4s being shootdown at cannon range, very short to the carrier, and debris of the exploding plane hitting the deck of the carrier caused some casualities.

This is still an unsolved mistery. :ph34r:

Well I have been personally speaking with Vicecomodoro Isaac and he states that he overflew the deck of the Invincible and dropped his bombs. He does not knnow if they hit but his supose that they hit on the Aft section of the deck.

He states that the Invincible was covered by thick black smoke. So we know that at least the Exocette hit.

He lost his flight leader and his wingman on that mission, the later exploding a few metters from his aircraft. (he belives a Seadart got him) but he clearlly saw the engine of his wingmans A-4 hit the Invincible, and I read it went through an elevator shaft begining a fire inside the Hangar deck.

We will not know if the extent of the damage done to the invincible until the British Goverment declasifies the files regarding that conflict.

But I read somewhere that the captain recived a comendation for being able to change the gas turbines (powerplants) while at sea. So this sugests that some damage was inflicted to the Invincible.

of course it is all speculation till the British Goverment declasifie those files...

All I can say is that I spoke personally to Isaac, and he is convinced the Invincible was hit.

Let me add I get no joy nor pride in the death of fine British sailors or personel during the war. I consider casualties from both sides heros that anwsered the call to arms from their nations.

I did not have the honor to meet any participant of the attack to the Invincible, but i've seen interviews on TV, and read different versions of the story like the one about the Exocet being deviated by chaff and hitting the damaged but still afloat Atlantic Conveyor which then finally sunk. Another one is about the HMS Avenger...

The Avenger is an Amazon Type 21 class frigate. Even if these were Air Force pilots and not Navy Pilots, i think that they could easily differentiate between an Invincible class carrier against a Type 21 frigate. I think that even my grandma or a 4 year old kid could see the difference :P (sorry for the irony).

The attack being performed at subsonic speeds, i think they must have clearly identified the ship while they were approaching in the open ocean. The only alternate scenario is that the 2 survivors were lying under strict orders of their commanders (some sort of conspiracy theory or propaganda operation). But if in fact they did hit the Invincible and are telling the truth, then the british are the ones conspiring or covering up the facts... which makes no sense as well. The war seems so back in time now and i'm sure someday the truth story will be known, but imho there is enough circumstancial evidence that the HMS Invincible was hit:

- The testimony of 2 survivors.

- SUE radar locks on a big target.

- The Invincible remaining at sea for longer than planned after the war (apparently for repairs).

- The selling of the Invincible to Australia being cancelled after the war.

- The patches and new parts present on the carrier when it finally returned to the UK.

- 1 british sailor died in the Invincible.

- The reduction of CAP activity over the islands after the attack, as reported by the argentinians (at least until the field deployable airfield for V/STOL was finished near the end of the war, if i remember well).

For the sake of the families of the british sailor and the two argentinian pilots, i hope someday they will see the truth being told either by the argentinians or by the british, either if it was a mistake or propaganda by the argentinians, or a cover-up by the british. But i believe they deserve a truth confirmed by both parties.

Is that picture a joke?

That picture is a painting by Exequiel Martinez, an Air Force officer who was in the islands during the war. He has painted a lot about missions of the Air Force in the islands. All his work is based on the testimonies of the pilots involved.

War is no joke. Poeple dies. :rolleyes:

Edited by Mothman

hi , boys don t forget the AEROMACHI an italian plane that were a lot of rockets and bombs, i think this plane was in Malvinas

IS NOT A FISH IS A A4Q ON THE WAVES ...........

BY,BY

well my favourate aircraft used to be the harrier. it was fun and novel hovering pretending i was in a helecoptor and doing other airshow manouvers...

...but now i think it is the skyhawk.

its got such an interesting history and on dogfight servers I wonder how it would match up against a harrier?

I didn't mean to offend anyone with my comment earlier, but personally I have doubts as to the extent of the damage on HMS Invincible.

About one sailor dying: I'd say a lot more would have died if the damage on the Invincible was as widespread as claimed.

Invincible not being sold to Australia: Many ships were spared the scrap yard after the war, it was a wake up call.

And having new parts fitted to the Invincible, I don't think that shows it was bombed. Ships often spend long periods in refit after deployments.

As to the other points - let's wait and see until files are declassified.

PS my favourite aircraft of the war was the Sea Harrier

Fenna, no ofense taken so Its OK.

And yes its an obscure episode, so until those files are declasifie, no one can claim with 100% of certenty what happend.

Cheers mate.