Sign in to follow this  
"Instigator"

$107.05...? For The Game.....

:blink: $63.76...? Is that right...

I desided to go ahead and place the order for my manual and went thru the step in paypal...got to the totals and pay area and a $63.76 amount came up.... Is that right?

$63.76 + $39.99 +$3.30 tax = $107.05 for a game ????

I'm flabbergasted

Does anyone here realized that...or did I do a wrong math problem....?

Edited by "Instigator"

www.lomac-manual.com

manual cost 20$

game cost 39.99$

sub total : 59.99$ no tax

59.99+3.30$ tax=63.29$

:D

that's BS, that what it is

you better print it yourself ;)

The game is 40 bucks. That's all you need. If you are a collector or have money to burn, get the manual. Last I saw you could download the enhanced manual in black and white as a PDF for $15, if you don't have to have color.

Again, the manual is an enhancement, not a necessity. Get the sim. Play with it. Read the excellent freeware tutorials posted on the net. And, of course, keep coming back to Biohaz news and this forum for all the latest. Don't worry. You'll be just fine. Jump in with both feet and have some FUN!!! :D

Its simple, your are paying in Great British Pounds.

35 GBP = around 63 U.S. Dollars.

Gotta know yer conversion rates... what are you doing buying from the UK anyway?

As of todays markets, UK buyers would have to pay 22.68 GBP to not get shafted by Ubi.

If you are an American, I see no reason for you to be buying the game online, and especially from the UK.

Last I saw you could download the enhanced manual in black and white as a PDF for $15, if you don't have to have color.

Can you post a link? I would be perfectly content with downloading, and 15 Dollars are within the green signs.

Instigator, get the game first, make goddam sure it works or you'll be in the same boat as me, aboard the good ship lock-on (game don't work squadron). When you have a game that works THEN get the manual. Apologies if you've already got the game and I've read this wrong.

Happy New Year

post-6-1072552958_thumb.gif

Thanks, Cretin. Found it myself and downloading already. That's what I always think, my Laserwriter is patient and I don't have to wait for shipping.

I'm looking into the manual, but only after the game gets fixed. I will probably buy the $40 hard copy... I need a color cartridge but I dont print out color all that often so, buying a $35 cartridge and then maxing it out on a 10 mb $15 file is kinda pointless for me.

<C>

Saffell

Edited by snapple2993

He he! Get it if you really want it badly. However, you don't NEED it. There is a difference between needs and wants.

Why even print it out? Why not just read it on your puter? Unless any important info is in your head it isn't going to do you much good in the heat of battle anyway.

:D

Printing it out is part of the fun. When you're in for one of those coffee shop sessions and you have already read the daylies, you need some interesting reading.

I don't want to knock Nic's fine effort. It really should be applauded. But having read thru most of the manual that came on the CD and the one at the LOMAC site I found that it was very very very wanting. Some stuff was outdated and other stuff was just very thin. I never did find certain subjects. If Nic took that manual and is charging for the downloadable version for $14.99 I hope he reworked it a lot because it really needed it. Just my 2 cents......now back to your regularly scheduled program.....spongebob was it?

steelcity.GIF

Edited by Steelcity

Steelcity,

As per the website, here is what the enhanced manual includes:

1) Introduction by Carl Norman

2) Printed version (in high resolution) of the Reference Manual that comes on your CD.

3) A 70 page Training section written by Mark 'Shepski' Shepheard

4) An 80 page recognition guide, showing all the land/ground and naval units in the game.

5) An additional key reference guide, a brevity guide and some SAM missile data sheets.

So, the fact that it is a high resolution printout w/ color with a 70 page training section by Shepski and an 80 page recog. guide is what convinced me to make the purchase.

As it has been stated many times already (most credits going to Cretin ;) ) this enhanced manual is NOT a required purchase.

Like many of you, I was thoroughly disappointed to find out that the majority of the manual was found in pdf format on the LockOn CD. I have always enjoyed setting my flight sim manual beside the keyboard, for quick and easy access. The manual distributed by Digital Aspirin satisfies the desire, and then some. Sure, I could've just gotten by with a pdf printout, but I had a good feeling about this product and was willing to spend a bit more money to make it that much more of an enjoyable experience.

I had to jump in here and get my 2 cents worth. :P Im not putting anyone down for buying the manual, hell I wish I could afford to buy a hard copy. This is the way I see it.

These gaming companies make a killing off us. A good manual like the one they are selling should be included with the game (without the fancy extras). When you buy a car you want the tires with it right? You don't want to buy a car then have to go out again and buy tires for your car. Its all about money, they are saying to themselves, let's see if we can rape them for more money. Here's what I get a laugh out of. This quote is at this link http://www.lomac-manual.com/buy-electronic.htm

Please do not send your friends a copy of the PDF, we have worked long and hard on this project. We can't stop you, but if we find a copy on Kazza / Bittorrent / Warez newsgroups, we will track and report copyright infringement to your ISP.
...Oh boo hoo. I work hard for my money too. That's why if I buy the game with my hard earned money it should included a good manual. Im surprised they didn't charge us for downloading the key card which never came with the game either.

Ok Im done bitching :D I feel better now.....lol. Now I can start my New Year off right. :wacko: Over all Lock-On is AWESOME. I enjoy playing it.