Sign in to follow this  
firehawkordy

Addon Help

I want to in stall some addons but the documentation in the booklet is worthless and the manual on screen only mentions addons but not how to install. Is it any thing like Strike Fighters or is it different?

If there is a step by step out there I'd like to find it.

Hey firehawkordy, I've only added one aircraft and the St. Kitts scenery so far but there was a readme included in the zip file for both on how to add them. I just followed the readme and everthing went smooth as silk. One thing I noticed in the St. Kitts readme that I'm not sure about was something about using AFCAD to do something with the aircraft. Don't know about AFCAD yet, but the scenery seemed to run ok ;)

Thanks Boltz, the A/C I down loaded didn't have a read me but I moved a folder that was in a folder,so it works fine.Fingers crossed on the next ones,but will A/C made for 2002 work as well?

alot of the add-ons you just unzip into your main FS folder..some you have to unzip into a temp. one and move them.also be sure to check out the add-on B-25.it's at http://www.roychaffin.com/rcs-panels.html This is a MUST have.

My advice after downloading and installing hundreds of aircraft over the years (and they're never the same) is to go into the stock aircraft folders and browse around. Get a working knowledge of what is supposed t go where. This will help when you come across a plane you want for instance but need to go looking for a panel for it.

It really does atart to make sense after a while.

My advice after downloading and installing hundreds of aircraft over the years (and they're never the same) is to go into the stock aircraft folders and browse around. Get a working knowledge of what is supposed t go where. This will help when you come across a plane you want for instance but need to go looking for a panel for it.

It really does atart to make sense after a while.

What he said :)

Also, this helps you organize your files a lot easier. Here's the basic layout of most, not all, aircraft installation:

A zip contains three folders:

Aircraft

Effects

Guages

Uninstall the files into a temp folder. The files in the Effects folder go into the FS9 effects folder, generally located at C:\Program Files\FS9\Effects. The files in the guages folder go into the FS9 guages folder, generally located at C:\Program Files\FS9\Guages.

In the zipped aircraft folder, you will there should be a subfolder which has the name of the plane. That gets copied into your C:\Program Files\FS9\Aircraft folder. That should be good for most aircraft.

I, however, like to go into the FS9 Aircraft folder and create a new folder, and rename it to "~*****". I use the ~ to easily differentiate it as an addon, and not stock. That keeps in neat and clean. Then, I put the name of the aircraft in (in place of the *****) as I would understand it, such as "~F-14" rather than the original "f14dvf133" or whatever. Then, I make sure to copy the Model, Sound, Texture, and Panel folders, along with the aircraft.cfg file into that renamed folder.

I hoped this helped, and I didn't confuse you too much :)

Edited by PG_Raptor

I put 3-4 folders in my aircraft directory named 1,2,3 & 4. When you download direct it to these folders using folder names.

Then just cut and paste everything into the folders that show. It's quick and easy

http://www.simviation.com/fsdhelp.htm

this is a good tutorial link