Sign in to follow this  
ronan

Popups

I hate popups.

every time i start my pc up i get 2 of those popups on my desktop. :blink:

and when i'm surfing on the internet they sometimes show up, when i don't click them away a message appears on the that the popup thing wants to shut off, when you click on yes the popup dissappears. and no it stays.

but every time i get a popup the same adress shows up and after 2 seconds it changes in a normal website adress. today i was away from my computer for 10 minutes and i had 17 of those popups on my desktop. :blink:

does some of you has some kind of this problem to? tell your story :rolleyes:

You do your popups say exactly?

what do you mean?

I meant what do your pop up say? Like is it from Windows OS? What are they about exactly?

You really ought to run some antivirus and adware removers and immunize your system against 'em. Spybot Search & Destroy is pretty good for the job.

Either that, or you're using vista, then the popups are part of the operating system :lol:

I was just trying to figure out if his popups were messages from his OS or website advertisment. I vaguely remember XP sp1 nagging me with popups about my system...

But if it's advertisment then, like Eraser said, your system is infested, you need to clean it (and I would change all my passwords after)! 

i have scanned my pc lot's of times with my antivirus but in doesn't find anything. today i downloaded ad-aware from their site. i scanned my computer with it and it find a bunch of adware stuff so i removed it. now i don't get the popups a lot anymore.

the popups were advertisement. but sometimes al i get is a popup with an blanko page. then it says that the popup wants to shut off and then you can click on yes or no.

IMHO, the best AV is available at http://www.superantispyware.com/index.html This AV even has self changing exe name available if an existing infection won't allow you to download and run the usual AV programs here... http://www.superantispyware.com/supportfaq...lay.html?faq=71 This AV software found things that AdAware and several others did not... This will even find and remove the nasty rootkits...

ML

wow it works i think. :rolleyes: i have installed super antispyware and scanned my pc. it found 109 threats so my pc was pretty bad invested :rofl: now i don't get those stupid popups anymore. thanks for your help guys :good:

Edited by ronan