Sign in to follow this  
ViperBoy

Weird Mouse Problem

Hey everyone, I need help on this one. I have never had a problem with falcon allied force before, been playing it a while, until one day I load a flight and the mouse is 100% gone, only while in the airplane. All the menus work fine, the mouse only disappears when I am actually in the cockpit. The only time I can see it is when I press escape, and then it is a little green arrow and I can't click on the two buttons their either, I have to hit the letter E to quit. I have tried turning off antialiasing, reinstalling, and changing graphic cards, no results.Anybody have any idea whats going on? Thanks

When you reinstalled - what version did you patch it up to?

An unistall wont clear everything up - you may need to clean out some left over bits before reinstalling - which was Lead Pursuits advice - search some old threads here there was a procedure - its been covered before

If on a USB mouse try another USB port. - may be worth uninstalling the mouse drivers and restarting if your on ps2

also carry out some basics - defrag / scan disk etc

I patched up to the latest version using lead pursuits website, 1.013 or something like that. Carried out all the "basics" and pretty much everything you said....still not working but thanks for the help anyways I'm about to blow this computer up if I don't get playing soon.......

I've never heard of this one before but have you tried changing the rendering method in the falcon options, im pretty sure this is where you'll find the problem lies and/or playing with resoution settings as a last resort?

Preach

EDIT: what graphics card are you using, whats your rendoring method? are you using official drivers or Omega drivers?

Edited by Preacher

I recently updated the drivers on the video card and yes they are the official drivers. I'm using a Geforce FX 5200. I have played with resolutions, no luck there either. What exactly are rendering options? I'm definitely not what anybody would call computer saavy..What I don't understand is the game used to work fine with this video card and the current resolution I'm using now....Thanks for your help

I recently updated the drivers on the video card and yes they are the official drivers. I'm using a Geforce FX 5200. I have played with resolutions, no luck there either. What exactly are rendering options? I'm definitely not what anybody would call computer saavy..What I don't understand is the game used to work fine with this video card and the current resolution I'm using now....Thanks for your help

Go into your falcon 4 options and look at the rendering method, change it from a list of 3 I think then load up a mission and try your cursor out.

Preach

I'm assuming when you say falcon 4 options, you mean the setup menus. I have tried every combination in there and still no luck....I must be missing something obvious, keep your ideas coming, thanks.

Hi,

I just happen to have f4.0af installed. I play it quite frequently, I love it. I have never had this problem, but I do have a silly question. You do know that the mouse will not show in the 3d cockpit view right? only the 2d view. I told you it was silly, but worth a shot to help a fellow falconeer.

lol yes I'm well aware of that, I do have a little bit of experience playing the game. Regardless, thanks for the help. :yes:

things to try-Cockpit mouse cursor disappears when antialiasing is enabled so turn that off , and try different resolutions. These are usually the biggest problems for that.

I have the anti aliasing turned off on my video card, and have tried every resolution available. The cursor only shows up after pressing escape, and even then it will not work, I have to press the letter E to quit the flight. Definitely strange :blink:

Still thinking on this one, what are your system specs and DX version, what driver version for both sound and video. sorry but need to know what I am working with.

Intel Pentium 2.79 Ghz, .99 GB of Ram

Geforce FX 5200 How do I find out what driver versions and dx versions I have? sorry