Sign in to follow this  
abaris

Peculiar Crash Problems

LOMAC runs OK whilst flying, but once in the menus it freezes more often than not. Sometimes I get a freezing screen with rapidly repeating sound samples, when I try to end a flight. Sometimes nothing happens until I'm back in the menus. And when I try to navigate the menus, the mouse pointer is suddenly stuck.

I'm running an Athlon XP 3000+, 1024 Ram, Radeon 9600 Pro, Aureon 5.1 Fun - everything equipped with the latest drivers.

Did anyone else encounter those peculiar freezing actions?

What kind of cooling does your case have? The Radeons (any video card for that matter) get pretty hot. Until I added extra fans, it seemed I had Sparklies, and lock ups. Since the additions went in......none. Just checking, maybe it might be a heat issue.

Could be a heat problem, but it only occurs in LOMAC. Everything else, including IL2FB and FS 2004 runs OK without any freezers.

So I tend to think, that it has something to do with that particular game.

This is the same problem I had with the Radeon 9600XT. The newest drivers do not help. The only thing that allows me to play is that I turned my graphics acceleration down one notch. It slows the cursor down a little but at least I can look at the menu for a change. Mine would crash three seconds after hitting the menu screen. I would have to hard reboot every time.

Hope this helps!

I think there was a fix for this on the lomac forums, try searching there.

This is the same problem I had with the Radeon 9600XT. The newest drivers do not help. The only thing that allows me to play is that I turned my graphics acceleration down one notch.

Well, I did do this before posting my problems here. But guess what happened. I had no more menu crashes, but the TV screen in the A10 was black.

The TV in the A-10 is black? Is that all the time or even when you have MAV's loaded? The TV should be black as all it is, is a TV to show you what the Maverick head seeker sees

The TV in the A-10 is black? Is that all the time or even when you have MAV's loaded?

Of course, when the Maverick is loaded. Wouldn't have noticed the difference otherwise. <_< Only the crosshair is visible.

Edited by abaris

Make sure you have all other programs switched off. E.g. msn messenger, zone alarm (as was said above), steam.......

Especially make sure you have anti-virus software switched off like norton. - They are real CPU hogs :(